News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to block the call id per call using *67

Started by Obitalk, March 22, 2011, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obitalk

I was providing some advice on trying to block the caller id from an outgoing call using *67.

The reason for the block is that I'm sharing the sip account using multipresence. Hence if the called party is trying to reach the caller they will ring mutilple phone dues to multipresense, that I'm trying to avoid. I'm using GV primarily for incoming and BV multipresence for outgoing calls.

I didn't try these personally, but requested someone at a remote location to try the following:

The outgoing call goes through SP1 hence I requested them to dial **1 then the dial *6713039999999 (Where 13039999999) is a regaular number. - The attempt was not successful

I also requested them to try *67 **1 13039999999 - Which also failed.

Do I have to modify any digit maps or such to make this work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also can the *67 code be programmed into speed dial to make things easier ?

RonR

If you're dialing in real time (not through a phone that accepts your dialing first and then sends it all out at once to the OBi), you should hear dialtone again after entering *67.  That would indicate it was accepted.  I believe the *67 needs be entered first, before **1 and the phone number.  No changes to DigitMap's should be needed.

Are you placing the call through a Google Voice account.  As far as I know, there is no way to suppress CallerID on calls through GV.

Obitalk

Hi RonR

The person I requested is dialling via the phone connected to the Obi.

The broadvoice sip account is shared by me as well as offshore remote obi using multipresence.

I use the the Broadvoice (Multipresense) for outgoing calls hence I want to block the number since I dont want my phone number ringing as well as my offshore obi ringing.

I use the GV on the remote Obi purely for incoming calls.

Thanks for you the input RonR. I will try your suggestions and let you know the results.

Thanks

RonR

If you're wanting to block CallerID on all outgoing calls from your Broadvoice account, you can apparently do that from the control panel on their web site.

Obitalk

Hi RonR,

Thanks for the suggestion. If I do the block from the BV portal, then it would block the caller id from calls originating from my obi as well as my remote obi.

I only want the caller id blocked from calls originating from the remote obi

Also I tried dialling *67 followed by the phone number and the number is still showing up. I tried calling my mobile phone from the obi.

Thanks,

obi-support2

Obitalk,

I think what you want is to block certain caller from calling your OBi unit at your google voice number, correct?

1. If you want to block ALL callers, you can set
    your SP1/2 (where your GV account is configured) InboundCallRoute= (blank)
2. If you want to block just a few callers with specific phone number, say
    14081234567 and 15109993333, set InboundCallRoute =
    {(14081234567|15109993333):},{ph}
3. If you want to block anonymous callers (who do not want to show their caller-id number),
   set InboundCallRoute = {?:},{ph}
4. If you want to block 800 and 900 callers, set
    InboundCallRoute = {(1800xx.|1900xx.):},{ph}
5. You can do combinations of the above, such as
   {(14081234567|15109993333|1800xx.|1900xx.)|?:},{ph}

OBIHAI Support Staff

QBZappy

Isn't *67 = Blocks sending of name and phone number on outgoing individual call.

I don't think the OP wanted to create a black list.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Obitalk

Hi Obi-support2,

Thanks for the input. I'm not trying to block certain callers. Let me explain the situation:

USA OBI
=======
SP1 -> Connected to BV PH 3039994444

SP1 is used normal ie send and receive calls without the need to block caller id

REMOTE OBI
=========
SP1 -> Connected to BV PH 3039994444
SP2 -> Google Voice

SP1 (Broadvoice using Multipresence) is used for solely for outgoing calls. But I need the caller id blocked for all outgoing calls from the remote Obi.
SP2 (Google Voice) is used for incoming calls.

Thanks

Obitalk

Hi Obi Support2,

After giving it some thought, I think blocking might work indeed. According to your recommendation, I can set this on SP1.

What would be the behavior of the Obi Unit ? I assume that it won't ring the phone connected to the Obi Unit. What would the party who dialled the SP1 line hear ?

Also I would still like to know how to block the caller id selectively using per call basis using *67

Thank you.

obi-support2

For blocked callers on the PSTN LINE, the call will just keep ringing.
For blocked callers on SP1/SP2/OBiTALK service, the caller will hear fast busy tone.

Dial *67 before you dial the target number tells OBi to hide your caller-id when you call out on SP1/SP2/OBiTALK Service. This only works on SP1/SP2 for SIP (with a standard compliant ITSP Service). It does not work if SP1/SP2 is using Google Voice, which does not support blocking caller-id request from the client side.

OBIHAI Support Staff

RonR

Quote from: Obitalk on March 24, 2011, 05:48:47 PM1. If you want to block ALL callers, you can set

What would be the behavior of the Obi Unit ? I assume that it won't ring the phone connected to the Obi Unit. What would the party who dialled the SP1 line hear ?
The behavior of the OBi unit and what the party who called hears would appear to be unchanged.

Leaving SP1 -> X_InboundCallRoute (where my GV account is configured) blank is identical to having it set to ph on my OBi.

EDIT : Looks like obi-support2 actually meant :  InboundCallRoute= ()

Obitalk

Thanks for the input RonR and Obi Support 2

Just out of curiosity, since I have two Obi's connected to the same Broadvoice phone number wonder what would be the impact of setting the inbound call route to () on the remote obi. I hope the Obi in USA would ring and the remore Obi wouldn't ring. At least I will have to experiment with it to find out. Anyone have any thoughts ?

Thanks

obi-support2

It is correct that a blank in InboundCallRoute implies {ph}. To block all callers you must specify explicitly an empty route, such as this: {}.
() works as it implies {()} or {}. Thanks for noting this.

Regarding two devices registering to the same number w/ Broadvoice, it all depends on whether Broadvoice can simultaneously fork the call to both devices. BV will not take into consideration that one of the OBi is rejecting the call and therefore sends the call to another OBi (in other words, hunting for an answer from one of the registered devices). You might want to check with BV to see if you can turn on simultaneous call forking.
OBIHAI Support Staff

Obitalk

I'm happy to state I have implemented the {()} on the inbound call route on the remote Obi.

Now only the Obi in the US rings. (Before implementing this, both the US based Obi and Remote Obi rang simultaneously.)

Now the remote Obi is only used to make outgoing calls and I have a GV number for incoming calls.

Obitalk

Thanks RonR, QBZappy and obi-support2 for your contributions and help in resolving this issue.

LuvU43v3r

Quote from: obi-support2 on March 24, 2011, 01:16:38 PM
Obitalk,

I think what you want is to block certain caller from calling your OBi unit at your google voice number, correct?

2. If you want to block just a few callers with specific phone number, say
    14081234567 and 15109993333, set InboundCallRoute =
    {(14081234567|15109993333):},{ph}
3. If you want to block anonymous callers (who do not want to show their caller-id number),
   set InboundCallRoute = {?:},{ph}
4. If you want to block 800 and 900 callers, set
    InboundCallRoute = {(1800xx.|1900xx.):},{ph}
5. You can do combinations of the above, such as
   {(14081234567|15109993333|1800xx.|1900xx.)|?:},{ph}

Hi,
Nice settings; however, do you know similar settings for instead of blocking incoming callers- I want some special ring tone or not to ring at all - on some numbers/callers ?

jimates

#2 will address the "not ring at all for certain numbers"
{(14081234567|15109993333):} tells the Obi to not deliver the call anywhere. The callers should hear ringing until the providers voicemail picks up or whatever.

As far as distinctive ring, that would have to be handled by your telephone, if it supports contact lookup and assigned ringtones. The Obi will route the calls and can have different ring tones depending on the incoming service, but not by caller id.

My multi handset Uniden system allows assignment of ringtones by contact list.