News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't call my Obi (gv) from my mobile

Started by aopisa, October 30, 2012, 09:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aopisa

Ok, so I got my Obi 100 set up with Google Voice and I am setting up E 911 with Anveo. I can place an outgoing call. I can call my GV number from my computer using Google Chat and my phone rings (although I can't here anything). If I try calling my GV number from my mobile phone I get a "Your call cannot be completed at this time..." message. How do I call my home phone hooked up to the Obi 100 from my mobile phone?

Thank you.

jimates

normally you just call your google voice number from your cell. Make sure you do not have your cell set for direct access to your google voicemail. In your phones list for your cell click on edit. then show advanced settings. Set direct access to voicemail to NO.

Google could also be having complications due to the storm, even if you are not in the immediate area of it.

aopisa

Thanks, I guess I was was too impatient. Everything seemed to get sorted out over night. I don't know if Google was having issues or it just took some time for the system to catch up with my changes. All seems to be working fine now.