News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110: Cannot hear incoming calls from Bell (PSTN)

Started by tavie888, November 01, 2012, 07:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tavie888

Hello,

I have SP1 = Google Voice and SP2 = voip.ms.  I can call out and receive calls fine via SP1 and/or SP2. 

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

However, when there's an incoming call to our local Bell number, the phone rings but I cannot hear anything when I pick it up.

I am looking for a temporary solution until porting local number to voip.ms is completed.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

somnius

That sounds really weird.

I cannot think of a possible cause.

However, a temporary solution could be to route incoming calls from PSTN to SIP1 through SIP2, provided you have a number assigned for your GV account.

You would do this by setting InboundCallRoute for Physical Interface "Line": sp2(GV number)

Downside is your 3 lines will be busy at the same time :S

tavie888

Hello somnius,

At the present, my OBi110 setup has the following:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: {ph}

somnius

That's correct, tavie888. That is the default configuration. That means when a call comes in through the line port (PSTN), it is "routed" to the ph endpoint, i.e. the Phone port.

If you do have a GV number, replacing ph by sp2(GV number) will mean that when a call comes in through the line port, it will be routed via your SP2 (voip.ms) to your Google Voice number.
As you said, you can receive calls just fine via GV, I pressume ending at your Phone Port, i.e. the phone rings, and you can speak and hear correctly. This way, you will receive your PSTN calls through your GV account, but on the same Phone.

Of course this solution is just a patch, and as I said before the 3 services (SP1, SP2 and PSTN) will be busy upon an incoming call from PSTN. I don't know what your problem might be, though. It seems really weird to me.

Another less elegant solution, but easier, would be to put a splitter for the PSTN Line cable, and connect one cable from the splitter to the OBi and another cable to another phone. Of course, you will need the splitter, one more cable, and a spare phone with its own cable.