News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trying to make CallForwardOnBusy work

Started by Mango, November 06, 2012, 05:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mango

I'd like inbound calls to be routed to a SIP URI, or some other destination if the SIP URI is busy.

SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute: sp1(sipuri@example.com)
SP1 Service CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
SP1 Service CallForwardOnBusyNumber: (anything)

When sipuri@example.com is busy, the OBi returns 486 Busy Here instead of forwarding to CallForwardOnBusyNumber.  If the InboundCallRoute is ph, it works.

What am I doing wrong please? :)

QBZappy

Quote from: Mango on November 06, 2012, 05:06:30 PM
SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute: sp1(sipuri@example.com)
SP1 Service CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
SP1 Service CallForwardOnBusyNumber: (anything)

Does SP1 have  more than one voice channel?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Mango

Good question, but I checked and yes it does.

hwittenb

Mango,

I did some testing of call forwards that may shed some light on what works and what doesn't.  I setup a outbound test call on SP2, then with another phone, not on the OBi, I called the DID registered on SP2. 

On the OBi ITSP Profile I had X_Use302ToCallForward disabled.  It is enabled by default.  The only way I could get Call Forward on Busy to work is to forward by bridging the call out SP1, not SP2 or not by any other VG tied to SP2. Otherwise the OBi returns the sip 486 Busy Here that you reported. It did work if I forwarded to a number out the other SPx.

I was calling from CallCentric to a voip.ms DID.  If I enabled the default X_Use302ToCallForward on the ITSP Profile the call forwarding worked because the calling server accepted the sip 302 Moved Temporarily.  To the incoming call the OBi returned Sip 302 Moved Temporarily with the forward number in the Contact field and the voip.ms calling server honored the request and completed the call.  The number I was forwarding to was a toll free 1-800+ number.  I also tried it to a 1+ pstn number.  It also worked and the per minute charge showed up in the voip.ms history file.  I further tried it to a pure sip uri forward.  The OBi returned the 302 Moved to voip.ms server, but voip.ms sent a 503 Service Unavailable to the original call who got a busy signal.

QBZappy

Mango,

A stab in the dark. Perhaps the sip uri contains reserved symbols/charcters. Read this post.

Re: Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2454.msg16707#msg16707
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.