News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie questions regarding Obi110 setup ? Please help !

Started by Suraj, November 09, 2012, 01:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

Speed Dial 1 is allocated by OBi to your softphone number 290xxxxxx that is automatically created when you set up your account. That leaves Speed Dials 2 to 99 for your use. You must have lots of family and friends  :)

The DigitMap for Rynga on sp2 could be changed to allow only certain codes to be used. The restrictions would apply to all Trusted Callers and calls made from the Phone Port - that is any calls from your OBi to Rynga.

Suraj

Quote from: ianobi on November 18, 2012, 04:27:23 AM
Speed Dial 1 is allocated by OBi to your softphone number 290xxxxxx that is automatically created when you set up your account. That leaves Speed Dials 2 to 99 for your use. You must have lots of family and friends  :)

The DigitMap for Rynga on sp2 could be changed to allow only certain codes to be used. The restrictions would apply to all Trusted Callers and calls made from the Phone Port - that is any calls from your OBi to Rynga.

Yes I do have many relatives so that's the maximum speed dial limit. How do input in the digitmap to achieve , how can I input different country codes on it.

Thanks a lot, it's so nice of you that you ate helping me in setting up my device, it's really appreciatable.

ianobi

Here is an example DigitMap:

(<00>44[123]xxxxxxxxx|0044[123]xxxxxxxxx|<00>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|001[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<00>65xx.|0065xx.)

First rule: Prepend 00 to any number starting with 441, 442 or 443 followed by another nine digits. This allows UK national numbers, but not UK mobile numbers which would start 447.

Second rule: Allow any number that starts 00441, 00442 or 00443 and is followed by another nine digits.

Third rule: Prepend 00 to any number that starts 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19 followed by another nine digits. This allows North American national numbers.

Fourth rule: Allow any number that starts 0012, 0013, 0014, 0015, 0016, 0017, 0018 or 0019 followed by another nine digits.

Fifth rule: Prepend 00 to any number that starts 65 followed by any number of digits. Singapore numbering scheme.

Sixth rule: Allow any number that starts 0065 followed by any number of digits.

I hope you see the pattern of how it all works. We could make this DigitMap more simple by making changes in other DigitMaps as well as this one, but I think that would make it hard to understand for someone starting out on this big subject.

Have a go, or post here first for checking or list the codes you wish to be allowed and I will have a go.

Suraj

Thanks a lot.

I want to allow only the below countries who can use OBi110 using Rynga:
Argentina?(Landline)
Australia?(Landline)
Austria?(Landline)
Brazil?(Landline)
Canada?(Landline & Mobile)
China?(Landline & Mobile)
Croatia?(Landline)
Czech Republic?(Landline)
Denmark?(Landline)
Finland?(Landline)
France?(Landline)
Germany?(Landline)
Greece?(Landline)
Hong Kong?(Landline & Mobile)      
Hungary?(Landline)
Ireland?(Landline)
Israel?(Landline)
Italy?(Landline)
Japan?(Landline)
Malaysia?(Landline)
Netherlands?(Landline)
Peru?(Landline)
Poland?(Landline)
Portugal?(Landline)
Romania?(Landline)
Russian Federation [moscow]?(Landline)
Singapore?(Mobile)            
Slovak Republic?(Landline)
South Africa?(Landline)
Spain?(Landline)
Sweden?(Landline)
Switzerland?(Landline)
Taiwan?(Landline)
Thailand?(Landline)
Thailand?(Mobile)            
United Kingdom?(Landline & Mobile)        
United States?(Landline)
United States?(Mobile)         
Venezuela?(Landline)

can i exempt some users on the trusted list or how can i allow only some to allow dial other countries also ?

ianobi

Wow! That's quite a list  :o  Far too many for the method in my example. DigitMaps cannot be that big!

The DigitMap will apply to all Trusted Callers equally, so we cannot fine tune things quite as you wish.

A different approach might be to block 3 or 4 codes to all Trusted Callers, if that would help.

Let me know. I will be back tomorrow  :)