News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing ITSP from obi110 without "primary line to call out" checked?

Started by commstar, April 13, 2011, 08:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

commstar

Jimates wrote:

"The Obi's speed dial feature does not require entering a symbol after a digit(s). This means that if you dial 9, the call will go out to the number in speed dial 9 unless you press another digit within 2 seconds. If you dial 91 the call will go out to speed dial 91 unless you press another digit within 2 seconds."

That's exactly what I was talking about and why i started this thread.

I have set up the OBI110 and it's working fine here in the states, we'll have to see when I take it south of the border next week and let my parents make a couple of speed dial and local calls.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted on my findings.

commstar

Well, just got back from Mexico and here are my findings:

The Obi110 speed dial feature did not interfere when dialing local numbers.

The bad part was that the local Telmex DSL line was too slow for any efficient ATA operation,
the receiving end was getting choppy audio but i could hear them fine. I did a speed test and I got these results. Ping 88 ms, Download 0.87 Mbps, Upload .08 Mbps
from these numbers i can see that the upload speed was too slow therefore the choppy voice.

I had no choice but to remove the Obi110 and install a HP thin client along with a magicjack attached to it, I then installed teamviewer 6 and I'm monitoring their PC/ service remotely.

I'll have to see in the future if they want to upgrade their DSL package so I can install the Obi110 next time I go down there.

yhfung

commstar,

If the Internet speed is very slow, you have to other codec such as G729, which requries less Internet bandwidth.

I would like to suggest you have a cord telephone with speed-dial buttons such that your parent presses one-buttion with a label of "commstar". This way of dialling is significantly for the elderly to use it.

Some of the elderly ARE NOT ABLE to type so many digits as we do because their motion is very slow and sometimes they forgot what he/she has pressed. As a result, one-touch speed-dial buttons on corded phone is every essential for the ederly to make phone calls to their childen.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com