News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Release 1.2 Now Available - Please Update Your OBi

Started by ShermanObi, March 22, 2011, 11:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShermanObi

http://www.obihai.com/release12.html

Key 1.2 features include enhancements for:
Google Voice™
   * Google Voice voicemail message indication on the phone attached to the OBi
          - When there are new or unheard messages in the user's Google Voice voicemail box, the attached telephone's message waiting indicator lamp and/or new message display icon will light up. Also a "stutter" dial tone will be heard on the telephone indicating a new or unheard message.
   * Support for Google Apps derived non-@gmail.com e-mail addresses
          - People who use Google Apps who have a Username that uses something other than "@gmail.com" will have no problem using it on the OBi to configure Google Voice. Users just go to the device configuration page on OBiTALK to set up Google Voice on the OBi with their Google Apps username.

Google Chat™ / Google Talk™
   * Use Google Chat and Google Talk to Make Outbound Calls to OBi Devices
          - Google Chat and Google Talk application users can place calls to OBi devices and either ring the attached phone or connect to the OBi Attendant and place a new call via the OBi110's LINE port or an available VoIP service like Google Voice or any SIP-based service configured on the OBi100 or OBi110, e.g. Callcentric, VoicePulse.
          - To make calls to an OBi, Google Chat and/or Google Talk application users must add the OBi device's Gmail account username as a "contact."
          - When connecting to the OBi Attendant, Google Chat and Google Talk users can use their keyboard to enter digits and "send" them to the OBi or a voice response system for processing.
          - Note: For Google Chat and Google Talk callers to use the OBi Attendant, the OBi's owner must enter the caller's Gmail username in their OBiTALK Trusted Callers listing.
   * Use an OBi Device to Make Outbound Calls to Contacts Who Use Google Chat / Google Talk:
          - OBi users, can enter a Gmail username or Google Apps derived non- "@gmail.com" name to their OBiTALK managed Speed Dials list.
          - When calling the Google Chat / Google Talk contact, OBi users dial the OBiTALK Speed Dial number associated to that contact.

OBi to OBi Single Stage, Direct Dial Gateway Calling
    - OBi users can now access another OBi device's voice services to place calls using single-stage dialing.
    - The calling OBi must be in the gateway OBi's Circle of Trust and have a Speed Dial assignment in the calling OBi's OBiTALK Speed Dials list.
    - Direct calling via the remote gateway OBi is accomplished by first dialing its Speed Dial number, then a star and then the destination number, e.g.  2*1-800-555-1212
    - OBi to OBi gateway calling uses the OBiTALK network.

Telephone Initiated OBi Software Updates
OBi users can now check for software updates from the phone attached to their OBi and the OBi's on-board attendant.  By picking up the phone attached to the OBi and dialing * * * 6, the OBi Attendant will check to see if there is a new software update and if there is one, allow the user to automatically update their OBi.

OBi Expert Configuration via the OBiTALK Portal
   * OBi Expert Configuration is a new area accessed from within the OBiTALK portal for making essentially any and all service-related configuration modifications to a user's OBi device(s).
   * Providing almost all the flexibility of configuring the OBi via its integral web browser based interface, but leveraging the Internet and OBiTALK to store and modify customized OBi configurations, OBi Expert Configuration provides the ability to control devices and services from anywhere.  This capability is useful to Obihai customers and system integrators of Obihai products who wish to gain the usefulness of OBiTALK and flexibility that OBi Expert Configuration management provides.

Additional Features in 1.2
   * IP & URL Dialing with Target Service Distinction
          - IP Address and/or URL dialing is supported.
          - Calls to specified IP addresses and/or URLs can be routed to a target service.
          - For example: SP1(sip.xyz.com:5081) or SP2(192.168.15.118)
   * "Double" Hook Flash support for more flexible control of PSTN-based in-call services, e.g. Call Waiting.
   * Robust PSTN connection detection to allow for more accurate billable calling events.
   * Optional PHONE port "barge-in" support allows an OBi user to enter a call taking place on the LINE port by selecting a key on the telephone keypad.
   * Added support for up to 20 user defined digit maps which can be referenced in any OBi digit map and/or call routing rule.

The easiest way to update the software on an OBi is to log in to OBiTALK and select the available firmware update icon, which looks like this: located on the Dashboard associated to the OBi device. Next, select OK when the update confirmation box appears and the OBi will begin a one to two minute update process. The firmware can also be download from the OBiTALK forum.

Admin Guide Update Available

Kamakzie

Voicemail through Google voice is not giving an indication on the phone.  Is there a setup needed for that?

EDIT: Nevermind found it!  Had to go back into the Google Voice settings in the Obi and enable it!

ShermanObi

Correct:  Users who have already added an OBi100 or OBi110 device and configured GV before the 1.2 release will need to check the "Google Voice Voicemail Notification" box in the SP1 or SP2 configuration settings.

By default, newly added devices will have the "Google Voice Voicemail Notification" box checked / enabled.

bwomp99

Quote from: Kamakzie on March 23, 2011, 09:45:26 AM
Voicemail through Google voice is not giving an indication on the phone.  Is there a setup needed for that?

EDIT: Nevermind found it!  Had to go back into the Google Voice settings in the Obi and enable it!

Ok, I can't find it - I'm logged into the Obi110 directly, not through the website though...

jimates

Vocie Services > SP1/SP2 Service > Calling Features

MWIEnable
X_VMWIEnable

check those two items

If you check MessageWaiting it will force the MWI even if no message is available. It will reset itself shortly

bwomp99

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought I was losing it not seeing the "Google Voice...." on any menu.

dvijen

I have PSTN as default on my phone port.  Worked great until 1892.  With this new update, after dialing the number, I get 2 second pause and then dialtone back.  The only way to use pstn is by using # followed by the number.

I am going back to 1892.

Done that and everything back in working order.  Will wait to get another upgrade.

dvijen

OBi-Guru

@dvijen: your experience with PrimaryLine = PSTN is not working out on version 1.2 (2101) but ok on 1892.
Can you email support@obihai.com with your OBi number?  We could not duplicate the issue you're seeing.

dvijen

I can't thank Obihai support enough the way they spent time to solve my problem with two Obi110's.  Customer service such as this is what makes strong companies.  Thank you again for all your help
dvijen

RonR

Quote from: dvijen on March 29, 2011, 04:50:52 PM
I can't thank Obihai support enough the way they spent time to solve my problem with two Obi110's.  Customer service such as this is what makes strong companies.  Thank you again for all your help
dvijen
But why is so much of it done 'underground' such that nobody else knows what the problem was or the solution is?

JohnLennon

Do we know what the 04/07 update fixes?

Going forward it would be nice to have a list of changes in every firmware release.

RonR

JohnLennon,

Good luck with that request.  Obihai won't even respond to a specific question regarding a specific problem, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a comprehensive list of problems:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=477.msg3823#new

plugger2

Quote from: JohnLennon on April 11, 2011, 08:38:54 AM
Do we know what the 04/07 update fixes?

Going forward it would be nice to have a list of changes in every firmware release.

They have recently added to the DL webpage a list of fixes included in the latest fw release (which is very welcome -- I hope this is the new policy):

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

GizmoChicken

Quote from: ShermanObi on March 22, 2011, 11:49:36 PM
Additional Features in 1.2
   * IP & URL Dialing with Target Service Distinction
          - IP Address and/or URL dialing is supported.
          - Calls to specified IP addresses and/or URLs can be routed to a target service.
          - For example: SP1(sip.xyz.com:5081) or SP2(192.168.15.118)

I don't understand the need for the "SP1" and "SP2" preceding the target service.  As posted by another, this seems to imply that either "SP1" or "SP2" must be a SIP service.  That is, gateways won't work if BOTH "SP1" or "SP2" are attached to Google Voice accounts.  I can't understand why this limitation has been imposed. 

I suppose I could sort of understand why a voice gateway may require setting a "SIP signalling protocol" and why it might be easier to do that by referring to "ITSP Profile A" or "ITSP Profile B" rather that specifying the protocol (and/or other parameters) for each voice gateway.  But IF that's the case, why not adjust your code so that something like the following configurations could be used: ITSP-A(sip.xyz.com:5081) or ITSP-B(192.168.15.118).