News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OutboundCallRoute for 911 Call to PSAP using 10 digit Emergency Number - OBi 100

Started by KevKan, November 14, 2012, 04:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevKan

After reading numerous postings on this subject in the forum, I tried inserting what is shown in bold below in the OutboundCallRoute string.  Afterward, a ! appeared at the side of the "Value" box and will not go away even after removing the inserted characters.   I assume this indicates an error of some sort.

What am I missing??  Any suggestions for a newbie would be most appreciated!

DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<911:316214XXXX>):sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

ianobi

KevKan,

Welcome to the forum  :)

No need to worry - we all have some red exclamation marks. It just means that you have changed a setting and that you are in control of that setting. Your OutboundCallRoute looks fine.

See this for more details:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=458.msg2629#msg2629

KevKan

ianobi,

Thank you for your help and pointing me to ShermanObi's excellent document.   After reading it I found out why my OutboundCallRoute was not functioning.   I found the changes I had made through the web based access were being superseded by those in OBiTalk.

After reviewing the pages in the OBiDeviceAdminGuide pertaining to Digit Map Rules, I have a couple of questions.
    1.  when multiple rules are present, are they processed left to right 
         and must only one rule test true to proceed?
    2.  is there other documentation available that provides additional
         utilization examples?

Thanks again

ianobi

When dialling from the phone attached to the OBi, consider it to be a two-stage process:

Stage 1: After you dial each digit, the Digit Map Processor (DMP) will consider the digits dialled so far and compare them to all of the DigitMaps in the Phone Port DigitMap (including all of the DigitMaps referenced within – Msp1, Msp2 etc). The DMP will return either an exact matched rule or a best matched rule depending on what it finds – see page 186 of the ObiDeviceAdminGuide. The number dialled is now passed from the DMP to the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

Stage 2: The number from Stage 1 is passed through the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute (including all of the DigitMaps referenced within – Msp1, Msp2 etc) and compared to each rule from left to right. The first rule that matches will be used to route the number to a trunk (li, sp1, sp2 etc).

The above is the same for the Auto Attendant.

Inbound calls are treated in a similar way as Stage 2 above, but the number is passed through the X_InboundCallRoute. Therefore it is a single-stage process.

See more here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=513.msg3001#msg3001

This forum is the best place for examples. Search for "DigitMap" by user "RonR".