News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot get Obi202 to stay connected

Started by bownut, November 15, 2012, 10:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bownut

We had our Obi202 connected wirelessly over our network.  When the firmware update came out we had to reconnect it to a laptop to get the update.  It was working fine until yesterday.  Now my Obitalk page says it is Offline.  The blue light on the ObiBT is blinking blue.  The power button is blinking green on the Obi202 device, but like I said, the Obitalk page says it is Offline.  I looked at the troubleshooting information and it said to set up Incoming/Outgoing ports.  I have a NetGear N600 router.  The only thing I can find it Port Triggering that would even remotely relate to setting up incoming/outgoing TCP and UDP ports.  When I tried to set up the first outgoing 6800 the settings at least in my router says I have to have the incoming also, so I set it as 10000 as in the instructions.  However, if I try to create another one for 5222, I still am required to list an incoming, but if I use the 10000 it says there is an overlap.  I need help.  I don't know if I'm on the right track or not, but I'm getting really frustrated with this thing not working.