News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Windows Phone Client

Started by windowsPhone, November 16, 2012, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windowsPhone

Hi, it would be great if you could build a client for Windows phone 7.5/8 similar to Andriod / Iphone. Would be great to have the ability to access my obi endpoint from my windows phone.

QBZappy

windowsPhone,

Welcome,

If you own a OBi202 you can access your OBi unit with a softphone app. Lack of support for any smart phone OS platform is no longer an issue since the OBiAPP is not used. Have a look here.

Is the OBiAPP going end of life? (How to setup X_Proxy on the OBi202 as a proxy)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4570.0
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Fishhy

Please please Please a windows phone 8 client!

I'm not sure what QB is saying, but I don't think there is currently a way to connect as the softphone??

Ostracus

Sounds like he's saying you don't need a "shim" (ObiAPP) between an Obi202 and a softphone ("client"). You will need it if you just have an Obi100/110.

Fishhy

The question would be how to setup your box as a gateway for a sip soft client??

I have a 100 now, and I've tried multiple sip apps in windows phone 8, but can't seem to figure out how to set it up as the gateway, regardless of any shims

QBZappy

Fishhy,

Nobody thinks of using a GTALK client for making/receiving calls.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Fishhy

There are no GTALK clients that allow you to make voice calls in the windows app store that I know of.

What about other services like callcentric? 

I've tried unchecking the box for X_RegisterEnable, and see if I could connect to it with my x-lite as a test (w/out the shim running).

I tinkered with it for a couple hours but didn't seem to get anywhere. 
From the other article posted, this looks like the settings needed, but they didn't work:

Userid: softphone#@192.168.0.x:5061 (for SP1)
no password
Domain: I've tried entering the ip/port above, as well as 127.0.0.1 (w/and w/out the port #)

I've tried w/and w/out the proxy setup as well (with the addresses above).

If I have it set to register it doesn't connect at all, if I uncheck it, it says it's ready, but then fails calling.
I've also tried setting users in the "Inbound Direct Dialing Authentication" area and entering those in the "Authorization name" and password fields in x-lite.  No luck.

Either I'm doing it completely wrong (most likely), or it just doesn't work w/out the shim?

QBZappy

Fishhy,

I don't know anything about windows phones, however I think you can use Google+ to make calls. (GTALK)

QBZappy

Fishhy,

The OBI need a voice service before it can be useful. I assume that you have setup a Google Voice account.  Without a voice service the best you can expect is calling a phone connected to the OBi using wifi/internet.

Without a GTALK or OBiAPP support, you will need a a native sip client for your platform. You mentioned you have found some. At this point you need some guidance on how to set it up. I can point you to a series of threads that I wrote recently. One or more discuss what you are trying to do. Have a read:

Re: Questions about setup new OBI110 device
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5125.msg33209#msg33209