News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 custom setting getting overwritten

Started by djjazzy28, February 12, 2017, 09:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djjazzy28

My Obi 200 has been working fine, until I needed to enable SP4 using another GV account.
I used the portal and seemed to add the GV account to SP4 just fine. SP1 GV1 receives and makes calls fine. SP4 receives GV2 calls fine.  But my custom 'ph' call routing went back to Default. Also I use 2 VG
( voice gateways ) to make specific numbered calls, using SP2 SIP account .  So when I added a GV2 account to SP4, all my custom settings are gone.

I do have a config backup which I restored, of course had to add all passwords for SIP accounts and got my Voice Gateways to all work fine. But my GV1 won't work. I probalby have to use the portal an add GV1 to SP1. but then I end up loosing my custom settings.

What is the correct procedure to re Add GV1 credentials, and not get custom configs overwritten?

azrobert

I'm assuming you are using the OBi local interface to make the custom changes. When you add GV with the portal, your changes will be overlayed with the code in OBiTalk. You need to import your code into OBiTalk from OBi Expert Configuration.

Start at step 5 here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.0

djjazzy28

yes all my custom settings were via the Obi local web interface. 
So first I should set up the SPs that use GV credentials with the
web portal.

Then using the portal manually import my copied custom settings?

Is that the only way to get custom 'ph' outbound call routing to stick?
as well as the VG1 & VG2 .

so every time I need to update a GV credential, all my custom setting will be lost?
will saving a backup config save me any time?

Thanks!

BigJim_McD

djjazzy28,

I use ObiTalk/OBi Dashboard along with the "OBi Expert Configuration" to enter "Custom Settings" that will be saved as part of the OBiTalk/OBi Dashboard configuration of my OBi devices.  I use "OBi Expert" Mode to configure a number of "Custom Settings" on two OBi202's, OBi200, OBi110 and a OBi100. 

Any changes that you can make via the Obi local web interface can also be made via OBi Expert Configuration.  My Custom Settings are always reloaded correctly anytime the OBi devices are rebooted.
BigJimMcD

djjazzy28

Thanks for the reply azrobert and BigJim_McD. Since I have a backup config of my Obi200 with all the current settings except the new GV account I want to place on SP4, I want to know what is the order of what I should be doing to get the new GV account added to the Obi200. 

I'm confused as to what I'm suppose to do next to get these saved config of SIP, VG1, VG2, phone call routing into the Obi200. 

Can one of you outline the setps requried?  Thanks!

I know for sure that after restoring, I have to re add the passwords for the SIP and VG accounts I'm using.

azrobert

From the OBiTalk Dashboard click the gear ICON to the right of your OBi200.
Click OBi Expert Configuration.
Under Manage Expert Configuration click browse, find your backup and open.
Click Import Config.
Now OBiTalk will have your custom config.

Locally enable OBiTalk Provisioning.
System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Periodically

In OBiTalk define the GV trunk.

Make any new configuration changes from OBi Expert.
If you want to make configuration changes locally, disable auto provisioning.
System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

djjazzy28

Thanks for posting the order in which to setup GV with custom saved configs.  I've got it working just the way it's been working the past 2-3 years, with the addition of a 2nd GV account on SP4.  Now when I log in to Obitalk and see my  dashboard, SP1 & SP4 show GV 'connected'.  SP2 & SP3 show 'not configured. Yet I do have SP2 configured for a SIP account which is connected and working.  It just does not show on the Obitalk dashboard. So am I to just leave the Obi200 on the dashboard? If I remove it, all setting will dissapear, right?  You mentioned that I can make changes locally by disabling auto provisioning, or via OBi Expert through the portal.  So any time I need to add or take away GV, I need to use the Obitalk portal, right?  And changing just GV credentials will not have an effect on my custom configs?  Again thanks for the walkthrough, as everything seems to be working just as before.  Went nearly the entire weekend with no service via GV both incoming and outgoing.