News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to use Callback from a regular phone?

Started by forumer, November 15, 2012, 02:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forumer

I have set up an OBi110 with Google Voice at home. I have also added a trusted caller which is a regular land-line without any OBi setup.

Can the trusted land-line use the Callback feature? Obviously, it cannot call the OBi number which is a 9-digit number; not 10-digit. Can the trusted caller call my Google Voice # and get the attendant and go through the Callback setup process and receive a call?

Please note that there is no landline associated with the Obi110 above. The "Line" jack on Obi110 is unused.

I'd appreciate a simple step-by-step procedure.

Thanks

QBZappy

Quote from: forumer on November 15, 2012, 02:13:45 PM
Obviously, it cannot call the OBi number which is a 9-digit number; not 10-digit. Can the trusted caller call my Google Voice # and get the attendant and go through the Callback setup process and receive a call?

If you want the Call Back feature to reach another:
DID,
OBi unit (9 digits),
Gtalk acct (spX(piafpbx@gmail.com, where X=GV SP)
sip uri (1000002@server.voip.ms)

you can set it up in a speed dial. When the OBi calls back offering the AA press the "speed dial number+#".
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

forumer

I appreciate your quick reply, Unfortunately, this is all "Greek" to me  :-[ I'd appreciate it if you could dumb it down for me:

1. Are these entries I have to make somewhere?
2. Do I HAVE to subscribe to voip.ms? I am not currently.

Thanks.

QBZappy

forumer,

Quote from: forumer on November 15, 2012, 05:00:48 PM
Unfortunately, this is all "Greek" to me  :-[

Sorry about that.

When someone calls into the OBi who is configured in the COT (circle of trust), they will get the AA (Auto Attendant). The AA will offer three options to choose from. Option #2 is to make a new call. If the speed dial is set up with telephone numbers, your callers can be directed to those numbers automatically. If you use the OBiTALK portal, set up speed dials this way:
Examples-
Speed dial #10: **9230023456 (This will call another OBiAPP or OBi unit)
Speed dial #11: **15145551212 (This will call a tel number using SP1)
Speed dial #12: **25145551234 (This will call a tel number using SP2)

For example, you can explain to your COT users (including your own cell number) to press speed dial #10, like this:
Dial 10#

That should get you started.  ;)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

forumer

Just one more question: How does somebody with a 7/10 digit number call my OBi which has 9 digit number? My Obi is configured using a Google Voice # on SP1. Do they call my GV #? That doesn't seem to be working!

Thanks

Rick

Quote from: forumer on November 16, 2012, 06:11:00 AM
Just one more question: How does somebody with a 7/10 digit number call my OBi which has 9 digit number? My Obi is configured using a Google Voice # on SP1. Do they call my GV #? That doesn't seem to be working!

Thanks

They don't call the OBi, they call your GV number as you noted.  If you follow the instructions for setting up GV on your OBi, and connected a house phone(s) to the phone port, the phone(s) should ring just fine.

forumer