News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Modem working, Router not working

Started by MissyT_anmllvr, November 20, 2012, 07:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissyT_anmllvr

I had a power outage happen last week and when the power came back on my phone no longer worked. I have tried to reset the router, but it still says, "searching-handset out of range".
Can someone please help me...I'm basically a computer idiot and know nothing about setting or resetting anything.

Thanks so much-
MissyT_anmllvr

Rick

Quote from: MissyT_anmllvr on November 20, 2012, 07:56:45 PM
I had a power outage happen last week and when the power came back on my phone no longer worked. I have tried to reset the router, but it still says, "searching-handset out of range".
Can someone please help me...I'm basically a computer idiot and know nothing about setting or resetting anything.

Thanks so much-
MissyT_anmllvr

You're confusing a few things.  If it says "searching - handset out of range", that's a message likely seen on your TELEPHONE base station, not your router.  I'd recommend putting the handset into the base and seeing if it goes away, which it should.

When power goes out, sometimes the components all reset just fine, sometimes not.  If you can't make a call after a power hiccup, do the following:

1) Unplug cable modem / dsl modem.
2) Unplug router.
3) Unplug OBi.
4) Plug in cable modem.  Wait 60 seconds.
5) Plug in router.  Wait 60 seconds.
6) Plug in OBi.  Wait 60 seconds.