News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing 911 from SP2

Started by Johnny, March 31, 2013, 05:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

Hi guys,

I currently have GV set up on SP1 and Callcentric set up on SP2.

Google Voice is currently set up as the "primary line" to dial out from.

I have 911 service set up on my Callcentric account and have it checked as the service to use on the Obi 110 for placing 911 calls.

My question is this:  Since Callcentric is set up on SP2 and is not the "primary line" to call out on, do I need to dial **2 and then 911, or do I simply dial 911.

Thanks

Shale

Since you told OBiTalk that SP2 handles 911 service, then those calls should be routed to SP2.

Expect that Physical Interfaces  OutboundCallRoute for each phone has {911:sp2} as part of its content.

Johnny

Thanks Shale,

So, does that mean I simply dial 911?

Would there be any instances where you would need to dial **2 Or **1 prior to dialing 911?

Shale

That is the way I understand it.

With Anveo, they provide a 933 test number that I can use to test the process of call routing as well as see that they have the right address info. The setup with OBiTalk sets 933 up the same as 911 if you specify Anveo during setup.

Perhaps you could test by calling the non-emergency number and ask if it would be OK to do a test during non-prime-time. I would have guessed that most non-prime would probably be from 9 AM to 11 AM, and that prime time might be 8PM to 1AM on a Saturday night. However http://www.co.rock.wi.us/911faqs says "The busiest times of day are 10am to 8pm, the busiest day of the week is Friday and the busiest months are May through August."  http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/173421351.html says "The window of 4 to 5 p.m. window is typically the busiest for Minneapolis 911."

So 9AM would sound like a good time.

Felix

Quote from: Johnny on March 31, 2013, 06:40:32 AM
Thanks Shale,
So, does that mean I simply dial 911?
Yes, as long as you checked "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" for SP2. Note, that it actually answers your question: When 911 is called via the OBi this service will be used.

Johnny

Thanks Felix.

I do have the Callcentric account on SP2 set up as the one to use with 911, but in all other instances you have to first dial **2 before placing a call.

I wasn't sure if you had to dial **2 then 911 or just dial 911, even though the Callcentric account on SP2 was not set up as the main account to call out from.

So, as long as I checked the box on the CC account as the one to use for 911 services, it really doesn't matter which account is set up as the main account to call out from.

I think I'm good to go....

Thanks.

Felix

Quote from: Johnny on March 31, 2013, 01:14:25 PM
So, as long as I checked the box on the CC account as the one to use for 911 services, it really doesn't matter which account is set up as the main account to call out from.
Yes.
To understand why, you can read about Digit maps, and look in "expert mode" how dial plans are constructed for Phone, SP1 and SP2. OBi is smart enough to build digit map that sends 911 over the provider that you marked accordingly without access code.
Or - just trust me ;)

Johnny

Quote from: Felix on March 31, 2013, 06:52:23 PM
Quote from: Johnny on March 31, 2013, 01:14:25 PM
Yes.
To understand why, you can read about Digit maps, and look in "expert mode" how dial plans are constructed for Phone, SP1 and SP2. OBi is smart enough to build digit map that sends 911 over the provider that you marked accordingly without access code.
Or - just trust me ;)

Thanks again Felix.

Or - just trust me? ;D

You don't sell used cars in your spare time, do you? ;D

Seriously, thanks a lot.....