News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

outbound call issue switching between setups

Started by riptcity00, September 03, 2014, 08:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riptcity00

I use Vestalink as my primary service and am testing my backup using Callcentric for inbound and Google Voice for outbound calls. After changing the primary line for outbound calls from Vestalink to Google Voice in the Obitalk dashboard and from Vestalink to Callcentric for inbound calls in GV settings, Callcentric works fine, but outbound calls are still routing through Vestalink rather than Google Voice.

Any idea why GV is not working as the primary outbound?  It shows as registered status in the dashboard.

riptcity00

I may have created a bigger problem, but based on the recent changes for Google Voice authentication, I did a firmware update to my obi200 following the instructions in the forum.  Google Voice now works fine for outbound calls, but I can't get past the error 400 for Vestalink and error 403 for Callcentric as a result.  Updates to the dashboard or through obi expert for login credentials don't fix the problem. 

Any suggestions since I'm now locked out of my primary provider?

cluckercreek

Did you use the Vestalink easy setup tool? If you did, I suggest you manually input it after a hard reset (paper clip on the bottom of your Obi). I believe that is your problem as that is what I experienced. I have an Obi 202 with Vestalink, F9, GVoice and Callcentric set up and it works great.

riptcity00

Just used the obi template and filled in the remaining login credentials after doing the hard reset with the paperclip.  Didn't use the Vestalink tool.  I confirmed the firmware update worked also.  What am I missing?

riptcity00

Ok, got everything working again with help from Obi Support. Wasn't using SIP credentials correctly and took some fiddling between dashboard updates vs obi expert updates but I have main service and backups working fine.

cluckercreek