News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

phone not ringing, using callcentric

Started by jsgoti, February 01, 2012, 01:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsgoti

I am able to call out and receive calls ok but sometimes the phone doesn't ring...people are leaving messages on my answering machine but I never hear the call?!  Here's some more information...

1) I did not have this problem when GV was my SP1.  I recently had my land line number ported to Callcentric and selected SP2 (Callcentric) as my "primary line to call out" in the ObiTalk settings.

2) I updated our handsets to the Panasonic KX-TG6545B, a product recommended by Obihai's website.

3) I just updated the firmware on my Obi110 to 1.3.0 (2675)...the latest release, as of this posting.

4) Callcentric is logging the calls just fine (inbound and outboud).  The Obi110 logged the call as follows...note that the phone started ringing long before I realized that someone was calling and picked up in the middle of them leaving a message.

Call 1   02/01/2012    08:37:59   
Terminal ID   SP2   PHONE1
Peer Name      
Peer Number      
Direction   Inbound   Inbound
08:37:59   Ringing   
08:38:10   Call Connected
09:02:23   End Call

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

RonR

If your ansering machine is picking up, the OBi is sending ring voltage out or your answering machine would not have known to take the call.

It sounds like the ringer on your telephone is intermittent or is not happy with the ring voltage supplied by the OBi.

Some telephones are happier with a trapezoidal ring waveform, which can be selected at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> RingWaveform

If that doesn't solve the problem, you might try increasing the ring voltage at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> RingVoltage

jsgoti

I changed the waveform.  How high should I set the voltage?  What are the consequences of setting it too high?

RonR

Is it reliable now using a trapezoidal waveform?  If so, you don't need to raise the ring voltage.

If nothing changed, put it back to sinusoidal.

Ring voltage defaults to 70 volts and only goes to 82, so you're not going to damage anything.

Raise it to 75, then 80, and then 82 if you still don't get reliable operation along the way.

jsgoti

Phone seems to be working correctly now by switching to the trapezoidal ring waveform.  No changes were made to the RingVoltage setting.  Many thanks for your help.

BJM220

Here's what I found on the GOOGLE-VOICE forum:

The email address for Google Chat account is not my Google Account email address, how can I change this? 
3 posts by 2 authors in Google Voice Forum
Categories:
Making and Receiving Calls

I was attempting to forward my calls to my Google Chat but the email address that is set there is not my current Google account.  This account was originally using the same email address as a Google Apps account, which I changed to my work email address when Apps accounts became Google accounts.  But then I added Gmail to the account and removed my work email, but that address is still associated with Google Voice and there is no apparent way to change that.  Thanks!

I found this out by accident...

1) delete the chat "phone"
2) hit the call phone Gmail button

and it should re-create with the GMail account you are signed in with,

YES!! It works. That fixed my OBI100 not ringing....