News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Asterisk SIP peering, unexplainable behavior

Started by digilink, December 07, 2012, 04:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digilink

I just got this fantastic little device yesterday and I have to say it's pretty awesome! Google Voice setup was almost flawless and I was able to successfully send and receive calls from a connected handset.

Now being the VoIP geek I am, I had every intention of connecting this to my Asterisk install and using my POTS line and Google Voice as a trunk for inbound and outbound calls. I followed the instructions I found here:

http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/howtos/howto-use-an-obi-110-device-to-provide-to-allow-freepbx-to-make-calls-o

It was fairly straightforward and I was able to successfully peer the Obi and Asterisk install together, BUT!  :o for some unknown reason, it is registering on a different random ports every time it connects. For example, if I issue a "sip show peers" from the Asterisk CLI:

OBITRUNK1/OBITRUNK1   10.0.30.39  D   N             35073    OK (3 ms)

It shows the port as being "35073" when it should be "5060" If I reboot the Obi or restart Asterisk another, different random port will show up.

I have several trunks/endpoints connected to this install and the Obi is the only one that is exhibiting this behavior. There is no NAT involved, and the Obi is on the same subnet as the PBX. I've looked through the settings to see if I've misconfigured something or there was a default that would possibly cause this behavior, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Perplexed... anyone have any ideas?  ???