News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using pre-config Vitelity settings from OBiTalk fails

Started by jafu, November 27, 2012, 07:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jafu

Vitelity is unaware of Obi, but has generic SIP documentation having the user hit a specific proxy server and an outbound server (outbound.vitelity.net).

I was able to change the settings from the ObiTalk UI using the expert settings.

The standard pre-configured UI would not allow for the outbound server.

All of this seems to be no matter, because I cannot reach port 5060 for either the stock sip24, sip28 (the one for my account), or outbound.vitelity.net via telnet or nmap.  I used these tools because I am getting no response from server in the System Status for that Service Provider.

So, on the OBIHAI end, I'd like to be sure we're hitting the right ports.  Otherwise, I'm reporting the inconsistencies between what vitelity provided and what the standard config allowed.

I have an open Vitelity ticket, but I opened it assuming the config was correct.  I will end up following up with them on the issue before I can find out what is really broken.

J

jafu

In the end I had the inconsistencies listed, a typo on the user id, and bad firewall settings.

After banging my head on my desk, I was able to send an email to Vitelity and mention the issue was resolved.  The phones work now, despite the OBi still claiming it is unable to register with the outbound server.

Now to get the answering machine functionality figured out.

KerryG

The Vitelity outbound server does not accept registrations.You only need to register with the inbound servers.

Kerry Garrison
Vitelity