News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't Access OBiTalk Portal

Started by harpo, March 23, 2011, 03:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo

Okay I installed everything yesterday and all was fine.  I dialed ***1 and got my ip address and used it to access the OBiTalk Portal.  By the way the ip address was xxx.xxx.x.115.  Today I go to access the portal with the same address and the webpage times out.  I dial ***1 to find out the ip address has changed to xxx.xxx.x.10.  So I type this in and still can't access the portal.  I did the usual reset cable modem, router, Obi110 and it still comes up with the 10 ip addess.  The weird thing is my router assigned ip address start at 100.  Any help would be appreciated.

QBZappy

harpo,

Can you try setting it up using the phone by following the details in this thread? You won't need to do it again once it is setup.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

harpo

Quote from: QBZappy on March 23, 2011, 04:05:03 PM
harpo,

Can you try setting it up using the phone by following the details in this thread? You won't need to do it again once it is setup.

Are you talking about setting up a static IP address?

jimates

I pointed this out in another thread and it was indeed the case.

Listen to the ip address carefully. The statements on the IVR run together and you will think you got the whole address when in fact you did not.

example your ip address is 192 dot 168 dot 1 dot 11  for your dhcp is ......

the word for is actually the digit 4 which is the last number in the ip address. 192.168.1.114

Try it out.

harpo

Thank you very much.  That was it.  Is the ip address going to change all the time?  Or will it change if I have to reset my router?

Quote from: jimates on March 23, 2011, 05:01:25 PM
I pointed this out in another thread and it was indeed the case.

Listen to the ip address carefully. The statements on the IVR run together and you will think you got the whole address when in fact you did not.

example your ip address is 192 dot 168 dot 1 dot 11  for your dhcp is ......

the word for is actually the digit 4 which is the last number in the ip address. 192.168.1.114

Try it out.

jimates

I think it would only change if there were a loss of power, manual reset of the router or maybe, for reasons unknown, a loss of network connection between the Obi and the router.

harpo

Quote from: jimates on March 23, 2011, 05:08:52 PM
I think it would only change if there were a loss of power, manual reset of the router or maybe, for reasons unknown, a loss of network connection between the Obi and the router.

I swear I listened to that message at least 15 times and never heard the four.  Again thank you so much.