News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Random lost sync. Desperately need guidance...

Started by danieljai, November 28, 2012, 12:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danieljai

I swear I've googled a ton and am literally out of ideas with the problem on my Obitalk.

Situation
I use voip.ms + Obitalk 100, and my voip would randomly lost sync (for an unknown duration) and it usually comes back up itself but a reset on a router will fix the problem. Outside callers are able to dial in when this happens, but when picking up the line there will be no sound. Sometimes the phone won't even ring on my end. I started using voip.ms + obitalk for almost a month. Before that I've used italkbb + pap2t for 3 years without any of this problem.

I also have another ATA attached to an international DID with another voip provider cititelecom + cisco pap2t. Ever since using obitalk on the same network, the PAP2T starts to experience random disconnecting symptoms just like my obitalk, and also notable voice degradation. A reset on the router will fix the problem too. The PAP2T has been working flawlessly for 5 years.

There was ONE single instance, where a call that was supposed to be for my PAP2T ended up ringing on Obitalk's phone with the correct callerID. Just once.

Additional info
I use a DIR-655 router. When either or both phones aren't work, there's about it in my router logs.

The last month I have also switched cable companies but downlink and uplink maintained the same..

I'm literally running out of ideas, and its getting stressful as i have no idea what the cause is anymore. I've tried upgrading internet package to provide a better upload bandwidth, setting QoS on my router, registering voip.ms' ip to my router's inbound, turned off traffic shaping, turning off firewall, putting obitalk to DMZ...

Nothing has been working. Anyone can shed some light? Anywhere I should look? any guides I can read? I'm very desperate.  :-[

QBZappy

Quote from: danieljai on November 28, 2012, 12:36:37 PM
There was ONE single instance, where a call that was supposed to be for my PAP2T ended up ringing on Obitalk's phone with the correct callerID. Just once.

Additional info
I use a DIR-655 router. When either or both phones aren't work, there's about it in my router logs.

Welcome,

There are 2 things that come to mind:

1) A call destined for the PAP2T ending up on the OBi is probably an issue related to a conflict with the user agent port on both ATAs being the same. Have a look and change the port number of one of the ATAs to something different.
Voice Services->SPX Service->X_UserAgentPort = ?

2) Regarding the DIR-655 router. There have been many instances here of users needing to disable the SIP ALG setting on the router.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

danieljai

1. I dont have access to the pap2t. So i've changed the port on obitalk from 5060 to something else. Would that be okay since that is voip.ms's specified port?

2. SIP ALG is off.

Thanks for these suggestions. I'll give it come time to see if there are any results :)

QBZappy

Quote from: danieljai on November 28, 2012, 01:38:03 PM
1. I dont have access to the pap2t. So i've changed the port on obitalk from 5060 to something else. Would that be okay since that is voip.ms's specified port?

Voice Services->SPX Service->X_UserAgentPort =
This is not relevant with the voipms server port. This is your OBi's port for receiving the signaling (ring).
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.