News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

FW 1.2, SIP register failed. Works Now.

Started by xray, March 23, 2011, 04:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xray

After updated to firmware 1.2.0 (Build: 2101), I am not able to register to sip service (local phone).  
It seems registered for the first couple minutes right after the flash but never tested.  
Now it shows "Register Failed: No Response From Server".   My Nokia cell phone is still connecting to local phone fine (using the same account).  

I tried reset OBi110, then re-enter the sp2 registration setting manually, failed.  I tried restore the saved configuration and just re-enter the password , failed.  
It's connected to GV fine but not SIP.  

Can I download and try the previous firmware?  

xray

After couple hours, it just works again.   ???   

Wanton_Funn

Same thing happening here, except it still won't register.  Worked fine before the upgrade.

I'm trying to connect to voip.ms.  Is there any way to revert to the earlier firmware?

Wanton_Funn

Ok, some more info:
I tried enabling a STUN server, no luck.  Also tried changing the retry interval of registration, no luck.  Tried checking my router to see if there are any VOIP settings, didn't find any.

Don't understand this, it was working fine before I updated to 1.2.1.

Wanton_Funn

Ok, might be an issue with my provider (voip.ms).  I was able to change the POP and registration now succeeds (at least for now).

Still, it's interesting that my other soft phones don't have any issue registering to that original POP.

Obvdobi

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution with VOIP.ms? is it obi's problem or VOIP.ms's problem?

proteus

Same here, I use ippi.fr. My OBI randomly fails to register even though it is connected to the internet just fine and can receive calls through SP1 Google Voice.