News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV call presentation issue

Started by JohnLennon, March 22, 2011, 12:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnLennon

I like to have the GV call presentation for some numbers and not others. Currently I have setup some contacts I trust to skip the "press 1..." message and they're connected immediately when I answer - these are few and selected individuals (family, few friends). The others (unknown, coworkers, extended family, etc.) will get call presentation on.

With Obi110 if I enable the call presentation setting, I get it for everybody including family and friends for which I have it disabled in GV contacts, if it's disabled, it's disabled for all, including unknown callers, etc.

How can I make the Obi110 respect the preferences I have set in GV? Or at least have a call presentation off for some selected users and not the rest?

QBZappy

JohnLennon,

Something like this will give you a white list, sending them to the AA. Everyone else rings the phone. RonR also has good strategy for creating a black list. You can search the forum for his posts.

Setup Wizard->Inbound Settings->ITSP InboundCallRoute-> = {(514xxxxxxx|514aaaaaaa|514bbbbbbb):aa},{ph}
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

The call screening option in the Obi is actually the call screening of Google Chat, not Google Voice. They have separate settings. You can turn off call screening in Google Voice but you can not in Google Chat.

The skip call screening option in the Obi does not disable call screening, it just presses the 1 for you.

JohnLennon

Quote from: QBZappy on March 22, 2011, 01:05:41 PM
JohnLennon,

Something like this will give you a white list, sending them to the AA. Everyone else rings the phone. RonR also has good strategy for creating a black list. You can search the forum for his posts.

Setup Wizard->Inbound Settings->ITSP InboundCallRoute-> = {(514xxxxxxx|514aaaaaaa|514bbbbbbb):aa},{ph}

With this what would the callers get? The Auto Attendand or ring directly the phone so I can answer without them having to do anything?

QBZappy

JohnLennon,

Hi

This setup sends the configured numbers to the AA. Thus giving them services/privileges on the OBi. They will be able to
1) Continue the call to the phone connected to the OBi
2) Make a new call
3) Callback on the CID received on that call. This feature might be useful for cell users with with unlimited incoming calling plans.

Note that the OBi is controlling the call flow not GV in this call strategy.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.