News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

google voice: i can't change the caller's voice announced name.

Started by preppystud, December 03, 2012, 03:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

preppystud

i have this phone, which i probably used it to call myself, so somehow, google voice recorded my "hello, hello" as the person's name.

so whenever i get a call from that particular phone number, i will hear that i got a call from "hello hello" in my own voice! and i can't seem to find a way to delete it! how annoying!

how can i delete that?

---
another quesiton:  is it possible to record names for phone numbers, so i can tell who has called me whenever that phone number calls me instead of from an unknown caller?

thanks.

CoalMinerRetired

What you are describing is a commonly mention issue with GV call screening.  Per several discussions in the GV Product Support forums, there is no way to delete the name recorded the first time a caller on a specific phone line calls your GV number and is asked to say his/her name, even if it is "Hello, Hello?" (which in my experience you get a lot of, because it catches people off guard).

Note that this says no way to delete, but there is a way to change it. You create an entry in your contacts list, type in a name and you a text to speech prompt from then on

See Changing the screened name here: http://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=115083