News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to dial out

Started by jyates01, December 14, 2012, 08:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyates01

I have a OBI202 and cannot dial out. I have it registered successfully with virtualpbx.com and can even dial the inbound number and it will ring and connect successfully, but I cannot dial out. Every time I dial out, I get the OBI message of "rejected by the server" of either 484 or 404.

As I said, I am registered and can take inbound calls successfully. Can anyone shed any light? Thanks in advance?

hwittenb

An internet search shows a proximate meaning for your error messages:

Sip 484 Address Incomplete
This response indicates that the server received a request containing an incomplete address.

Sip 404 Not Found (User not found)
The server has definitive information that the user does not exist at the domain specified in the Request-URI. This status is also returned if the domain in the Request-URI does not match any of the domains handled by the recipient of the request.

These messages indicate there is some problem with the dialing.  To troubleshoot I would start by looking at the
Status --> Call History
to see what was dialed, if what was dialed looks reasonable, and if not what you dialed try searching for what possibly could have messed it up.  Probably something to do with the Phone Port DigitMap or Phone Port OutboundCallRoute if you modified the default settings.