News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to configure Obi202 to redirect 911 calls to 10-digit local emergency number

Started by Studly, June 12, 2012, 06:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studly

I've seen postings showing how to program other Obi units to dial your local 10-digit emergency number when 911 is dialed, but how do you setup the Obi202 so it does that?

I'm setting up a 202 unit with Google Voice and have no e911 SIP provider, so would like to have it so when someone dials 911, it redirects the call to my local 10-digit emergency number.

Can anyone give detailed instructions, please? Thanks much!

pc44

Hi Studly,

I'm basically using the instructions from jimates's excellent 911 guide found here.

Under Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute ->

add the following to the call route:
{(<911:XXXXXXXXXX>):sp1},

where XXXXXXXXXX is the number you want to call.  This will place the call using SP1 (but you can change this if necessary).  However, I would first put some other number in there just to test this out.  For example, you could use your own cell number or home number, and then when you test out the 911 feature on the OBI, you'll know it is working if it rings that number successfully.  Once you know it's working, you can change the number back to your real local 10-digit emergency number.

Hope it helps,
pc44

Studly

Quote from: pc44 on June 12, 2012, 07:06:36 PM
Hi Studly,

I'm basically using the instructions from jimates's excellent 911 guide found here.

where XXXXXXXXXX is the number you want to call.  This will place the call using SP1 (but you can change this if necessary).  However, I would first put some other number in there just to test this out.  For example, you could use your own cell number or home number, and then when you test out the 911 feature on the OBI, you'll know it is working if it rings that number successfully.  Once you know it's working, you can change the number back to your real local 10-digit emergency number.

Hope it helps,
pc44

Thanks for the help! When I go to my 202's Web portal's Expert Configuration settings, I found the OutboundCallRoute place that I'm supposed to type in that line of code, but when I click in the box where the existing code is, it won't let me change or add anything to that code.

According to the guide mentioned above in the link you referenced, they say that when using the web portal's Expert Config settings, you have to turn off the auto provisioning to make changes, but I don't see anywhere in the 202's Expert Config settings where it'll allow me to do that. Anyone know how that works on the 202 unit?

Studly

Quote from: Studly on June 14, 2012, 08:32:52 AM
When I go to my 202's Web portal's Expert Configuration settings, I found the OutboundCallRoute place that I'm supposed to type in that line of code, but when I click in the box where the existing code is, it won't let me change or add anything to that code.

Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong to be able to enter more code in that box. To the right of the OutboundCallRoute code, you have to uncheck BOTH boxes to the right of it. Then it'll let you edit the code.

pc44

Quote from: Studly on June 14, 2012, 08:32:52 AMAccording to the guide mentioned above in the link you referenced, they say that when using the web portal's Expert Config settings, you have to turn off the auto provisioning to make changes, but I don't see anywhere in the 202's Expert Config settings where it'll allow me to do that. Anyone know how that works on the 202 unit?

Hi Studly,

If you are accessing your OBI's configuration pages from the Obitalk Portal, then you are fine and do not need to disable auto provisioning.  If you are configuring your OBI directly via its web IP address, then maybe you could try looking here:
System Management > Auto Provisioning > ObiTalk Provisioning -> Disabled

Does your OBI202 have that setting?  I see you already resolved the unchecked of the default box.  So it sounds like you're making progress.

Keep us posted!
pc44

jjtricket

RE: Obi202

This needs to be entered after {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},

Anywhere else and its a no go.

jimates

Quote from: jjtricket on September 20, 2012, 09:53:32 AM
RE: Obi202

This needs to be entered after {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},

Anywhere else and its a no go.
What is a no go, the 911 alternate or something else.
I just put the rule first in my call route to test it and it works fine.

NOTE:
On the Obi110 I usually put the rule right after the default rule that is edited
default .......,{(<#:>|911):li},........
edited to .....,{(<#:>):li},{(<911:XXXXXXXXXX>):sp1},

jjtricket

Interesting, I tried the first on my Obi202, then last, and it would not work, just a ring then fast busy signal.

azwelkers

I cant seem to get anything other than static or a busy signal either.  Any other thoughts.
Here is my current OutboundCallRoute line: XXXXXXXXXX are the test number

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<911:XXXXXXXXXX>):sp1},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

jimates

in testing mine I now get a reject also. But my 411 redirect works as it should, same rule format. Will have to see why.

By getting the reject by the service provider it appears that 911 is not getting transposed into the 11 digit number.

EDIT:
My call history shows the actuall number dialed by the Obi, not just the digits 911.

Since my 411 rule is in my ITSP profile and 911 was in the phone port call route. I moved the 911 rule to my ITSP and it now works.

If you have sp1 as default for outgoing calls, and sp1 uses ITSP Profile A, then add the 911 rule to the ITSP A General -> Digit Map
this is what mine is (<411:18003733411>|911:1814xxxxxxx>|(Mste))

I will have to experiment on how to set it for an Obi202 where the ph2 uses a different ITSP

See the statement by RonR about not changing the phone port digit maps and call routes.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=414.msg2434#msg2434

EDIT:
If I remove the original rule from the phone outbound call route it doesn't work. I have to have
{(<911:1814xxxxxxx>):sp1}, at the beginning of the phone outbound call route and also a rule in the ITSP digit map as shown above.

EDIT: final
I have to put this at the beginning of both phone port OCR {(<911:1814xxxxxxx>):sp1},
and this (<411:18003733411>|911:1814xxxxxxx>|(Mste)) for the ITSP A General Digit Map
911 from either phone port dials the alternate number using the service on sp1. If I change anything it breaks.

se1961

Resurrecting this thread in hopes that somebody can help me configure my Obi202. First of all I just want to say how GREAT this device is, and how helpful this forum is. I'm in geek heaven. Here's my configuration: Obi202, with three GV services on SP1, SP2, SP3; all using ISTP profile A, SP1 as the primary outgoing line for both phone ports. Right now the basic calling/messaging/caller id features are working well. 

I would like to modify my settings to allow 10 digit 911 dialing from either phone port. I have tried making all the above listed modifications to my profile, and everything redirects me to a fast-busy signal. I'm really hoping that if I cut and paste my current configuration settings below (no 911 modifications implemented), somebody will edit them to allow me to dial 10 digit 911 from either line using SP1. (Jimates, hope you're out there listening, because I need some help. :) )

Current ITSP A DigitMap (default):
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Current Phone Port 1 (and Port 2) OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I am doing all my configuration on the device itself, disabled auto-provisioning settings out of the box for security purposes.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can chime in.

se1961

Hi! Just to follow up, I found a different solution in the thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3983.0

This involved creating a user defined digit map, and modifying the outbound call routing of Phone Ports  1 and 2. Worked like a charm for me. Don't know why, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Many thanks to CoalMinerRetired!!