News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Porting commercial cell phone number to GV

Started by ingobike, February 10, 2013, 07:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ingobike

I want to port my commercial cell number to GV
I have already ported my land line to my wife's GV account.  I first ported it to Tmobile and then successfully transferred it to GV.
My company has authorized the porting of my ATT corporate cell number.
GV currently says I can not port it.
Tmobile says I can port it.
If I port it first to a personal Tmobile cell phone, what is the likelihood that GV will allow me to port it to GV?

Thanks, Randy

Rick

Posting the same thing in three different places on the forum means that the volunteers that help here (customers just like you) simply waste their time answering the same question.

I suspect that the reason you don't have an answer from the first time you asked this is because no one a) has experience porting a "corporate cell number" and/or b) there is no definitive answer to your second question re: the likelihood of success.

Your question is specific to Google Voice.  They have extensive forums that may provide your answer.

ingobike

Sorry for posting a second time, I am new to forums and I don't understand how people find things.

Thanks your your response.

Randy

lhm.

Take a shot and port to T-Mob. Should it fail to GV then port it back to ATT Corp.

The glass is half full.