News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to setup obi202 for freephoneline.ca and teksavvy.com?

Started by M.W., September 28, 2012, 05:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.W.

OK.  I am replacing my pap2 with obi202.  I have difficuity to setup obi202 for my freephoneline and teksavvy.

I am in Toronto.

Here is what I want to do:

SP 1/Line 1: freephoneline.ca (416 number)
SP 2/Line 2: teksavvy.com (905 number)

416/289/647/905 are all local calls.

All long distance calls goes to SP2. 

In obitalk homepage, I setup SP1 and SP2, I didn't go to expert config.  All I got is I can receive incoming calls from Line 1 and 2, but I cannot make local calls.  e.g. I cannot dial 905xxxxxxxx or 416xxxxxx.  However I am able to make long distance calls.  e.g. 1800xxxxxxx.

Can anyone help me to setup my obi202?

BTW coming from PAP2, I found obi is REALLY hard to setup it up.

Thanks

ianobi

Welcome to the forum  :)

If everything is at default, then I would expect all calls to be going out on sp1 as this is the Primary Line. Dialling **2 followed by a number will force that call onto sp2.

Both sp1 and sp2 have a default DigitMap of:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx |011xx.|xx.)

The xx. rule is a "catch-all" meaning any number of any digits. This means that all calls should be going out, if your Service Provider accepts the call format. There is a long delay of 10 seconds if the xx. rule is being used as it waits to see if you have finished dialling.

Are you sure that both Service Providers are showing as registered? (Click on your Obi number in Dashboard to see.)

To see where the calls are going have a look in Call History. This can be accessed by looking at the web page of your Obi – dial ***1 for the ip address. Then go to Status > Call History. This will show the last 200 calls.

When we have the basics working, then we can come up with some slick DigitMaps to speed up dialling and remove any need for ** codes.

M.W.

Thanks.

FPL always shows registered

However tektalk sometimes shows:
Register Failed: No Response From Server
or
Retrying Register

and after a while shows registered.  I just tried  I cannot make calls from tektalk.  FPL is ok (long distance, l have to add 1 to the number in local calls, such as 1416xxxxxxx, dialing 416xxxxxxx is not ok).

Thanks

ianobi

You may need to check with TekTalk to see what settings your OBi needs. Maybe a problem with RegistrationPeriod or some other setting.

This part of the DigitMap <1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx should be prepending the 1 automatically to your 416xxxxxxx numbers, so that is strange  :-\

Veronica

Quote from: ianobi on September 29, 2012, 07:54:41 AM
then we can come up with some slick DigitMaps to speed up dialling and remove any need for ** codes.

About this i'm interested, i have an obi 110 and i use SP1 with Gvoice as Primary, SP2 with freephoneline and my landline so i am interested on getting rid of the **2 and **8 to call out using the other lines. Thanks in advance.

~ V

ianobi

Veronica,

If you dial a number with no ** codes in front of it, then it will in most cases be dealt with by your Mpli – Map PrimaryLine. This map is decided by how you set up Phone Port PrimaryLine. In your case Mpli = Msp1. To automatically route calls to other trunks, you use the Mpli to prepend ** codes. Then the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute will send them to the correct trunks.

Here's an example designed by RonR. The user wants to send three digit and seven digit numbers to Line Port, long distance and international to sp1.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**8>[2-9]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**8>xxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([2-9]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxx|011xx.)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

[2-9]11  ->  LINE Port
       7 digits  ->  LINE Port
10/11 digits  ->  SP1 Service
         011+  ->  SP1 Service

In some circumstances it is possible to divert a whole DigitMap such as:

(<**2>(Msp2)|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

This would prepend any number that matches Msp2 with **2. Then Phone Port OutboundCallRoute will route the call to sp2. To avoid conflicting rules, in this case all of the rules in Msp2 need to be different from the rules of the DigitMap it is located within.