News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 with Sprint Phone Connect 2 ATA device

Started by thejackalsg, December 08, 2012, 12:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejackalsg

I have set up my 110 to use SP1 as Google voice and set sp2 (ext.102) as an extension in my house. I have a Sprint Phone Connect 2 box as telco line in. When I dial the sprint number I can see the phone led blinking on the obi110 but it never gets sent to the phone it just blinks away.

I believe the Sprint Phone Connect is just a Cellular ATA device. Not sure if there is anyway to make it work with Obi110. Any help would be great.

When ever I do the # key it says no service... message
When I call it as I said I can see the phone light blinking it just doesn't answer the call.

Please and Thank You.

thejackalsg

well I may have figured out my own fix, not sure if it's right or not here is what I've done.
in PSTN Disconnect Detection I turned off DetectCPC.

That has worked for me, Right or wrong it is working now.

I'm open to suggestions

hwittenb

thejackalsg,

As you know, a CPC signal is a momentary drop in voltage which is used as a signal on the analog line which will normally have a small voltage when off-hook and a higher voltage when on-hook.  If disabling DetectCPC fixes your problem it sounds like the Sprint Connect Box is issuing a false CPC signal when the OBi takes the line off hook.  The Sprint Connect Box should give a CPC signal when the called party disconnects the phone and if the OBi cannot recognize the signal it can cause a port disconnect problem if the called party hangs up a call first.

The PhonePort has a minimum time for voltage loss to recognize the drop in voltage as a CPC signal.  I believe the default time setting is 450 ms.  I would try increasing that time and running tests the see if you can get a dial tone when you key # (with a higher minimum time setting).  Then run some tests to see if the line disconnects if the called party disconnects first.

thejackalsg

I'll give this a shot today, I've been extremely busy lately. Thank you for the reply.