News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 Periodically Stops Working

Started by dom1, January 12, 2013, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom1

I have the Obi110 set up with google voice on sp1 and callcentric sp2. At least once a month the home phones connected to the obi fail to ring when a call comes in.We get the missed call text message from gvoice but the phones are dead. No dial tone no nutin. I power the obi off and back on and it works again,until a few weeks later. I've seen other posts about dhcp and static ip addresses but I'm not sure that's my issue. The obi is connected to a Verizon Fios Actiontec router. many thanks in advance.

Rick

Once a month I power down everything, then power up each device starting with the cable modem, giving it three minutes.  Then the router, giving it a minute, the the OBi.  Seems to stop these issues.

MurrayB

Just for your info I have been using a Verizon Fios Actiontec router with the Obi 110 for over a year and I have had no issues.

dom1

Quote from: Rick on January 13, 2013, 04:47:56 AM
Once a month I power down everything, then power up each device starting with the cable modem, giving it three minutes.  Then the router, giving it a minute, the the OBi.  Seems to stop these issues.

Do you know if the Obi202 has this issue? Thanks again.