News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiPlus Configuration Wizard Setup

Started by QBZappy, September 11, 2012, 02:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

At the moment I think that there might be very few of us that have signed up for the service. I expect to be adding some comments in this thread in the near future.

Feel free to add to this thread. We are going to be the unofficial beta testers and trial blazers of this hybrid hardware/cloud mini pbx.

First of all I would like to give a big Thank You for offering a Free version for us cheapskates (otherwise known as enthusiasts). The features seem very interesting. There is a lot of reading involved when setting this up using the wizard. Very different than anything else that I have worked with.

More to come...
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

It may be that they have reached the limits of the hardware in terms of what features they can cram into that little box. It looks like the pbx logic is off loaded onto the OBi servers.  We may finally get an OBi CID solution if they want to implement it there.

Since the TOS clearly states that they may change anything, at anytime, this may be a Free Trial balloon to get us hooked. (Try it, just have a puff you'll like it).

A configuration file is generated at the end of the wizard process. Unless I have missed something, I don't see any changes on my unit. If the MOHServiceNumber setting exists in the OBi202 unit, I assume that it must be tied to the generated configuration file generated by the OBiPLUS wizard. I hope a user guide is published. It will make it much easier to understand their setup.

There might be a bug here:
Office Hours: Add A Weekday
Only Shows Sat, Sun. What happened to the rest of the week?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

Bug? Those are holidays.  :D Anyway one I think the license code unlocks some firmware features. Two the Obi202 seems to have a decent amount of memory for what it is. And last les we forget they stuck a USB port to overcome "we didn't foresee that" limitations.

QBZappy

Ostracus,

After setting it up did you notice if the configuration on the local unit changed?

dima_nyc

Quote from: QBZappy on September 11, 2012, 02:02:25 PM
At the moment I think that there might be very few of us that have signed up for the service. I expect to be adding some comments in this thread in the near future.

Feel free to add to this thread. We are going to be the unofficial beta testers and trial blazers of this hybrid hardware/cloud mini pbx.

First of all I would like to give a big Thank You for offering a Free version for us cheapskates (otherwise known as enthusiasts). The features seem very interesting. There is a lot of reading involved when setting this up using the wizard. Very different than anything else that I have worked with.

More to come...

I surely don't feel like paying for it. Don't like to be left out on the blue, and spend $$$
Experience with tech support to my request for the dial plan assistance was: "Try posting on the forums"
And this is something already paid for - Obi adapters come with technical support, right?

QBZappy

dima_nyc,

Quote from: dima_nyc on September 13, 2012, 12:53:43 PM
Obi adapters come with technical support, right?

It seems that obihai tries to get you into the habit of asking on the forum first. However if it is a genuine product issue (hardware usually), I have noticed that they offer good behind the scenes help. There are some comments once in a while suggesting that the OBi support was helpful. However when it comes to questions regarding dial plans, they rarely if ever answer those anymore on this forum. Dial plan questions are usually replied through the generosity of a handful of members (they know who they are) and memorialized in the OBi Biblical tomes written by none other than the mystical RonR. This OBi guru seems to be on a sabbatical hopefully recharging his batteries to rejoin us at a later time.

dzblue

Quote from: QBZappy on September 13, 2012, 01:33:18 PM
dima_nyc,

Quote from: dima_nyc on September 13, 2012, 12:53:43 PM
Obi adapters come with technical support, right?

It seems that obihai tries to get you into the habit of asking on the forum first. However if it is a genuine product issue (hardware usually), I have noticed that they offer good behind the scenes help. There are some comments once in a while suggesting that the OBi support was helpful. However when it comes to questions regarding dial plans, they rarely if ever answer those anymore on this forum. Dial plan questions are usually replied through the generosity of a handful of members (they know who they are) and memorialized in the OBi Biblical tomes written by none other than the mystical RonR. This OBi guru seems to be on a sabbatical hopefully recharging his batteries to rejoin us at a later time.

I own a few Obis around the world and I have a typical small business setup: 2 LINEs from local telco and fax machine. There are a few features in ObiPlus Basic that I find useful. So before I start acquiring more devices, I read the entire ObiPlus Tutorial pdf and it only mentions using Obi110s as extensions for analog phones. Does anyone know how to setup the 2 PSTN lines as Inbound and Outbound Trunks under ObiPlus working model?

Since Obi202 doesn't have line ports, 2 Obi110s will interface local PSTN lines. However, if setting the Obi110s to "call forward" inbound PSTN calls via *72 to master Obi is one of the methods, then what is the setup like on Obi master for outbound calls to local PSTN?

Thanks in advance.