News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice + Callcentric e911 = AWESOME! One problem though...

Started by JonesInSarver, December 12, 2012, 04:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonesInSarver

I finally got my OBi202 configured properly with Google Voice (that was the easy part) and Callcentric (had been having issues with their proxy) for e911 service.  Called our dispatcher last night and our name and address were reported properly but the number I was calling from was not.  How do you get the correct number to show up for them?

Rick

Quote from: JonesInSarver on December 12, 2012, 04:59:10 AM
I finally got my OBi202 configured properly with Google Voice (that was the easy part) and Callcentric (had been having issues with their proxy) for e911 service.  Called our dispatcher last night and our name and address were reported properly but the number I was calling from was not.  How do you get the correct number to show up for them?

It won't.  Discussed prior on the forum.  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2740.0

Basically, Callcentric doesn't have your GV number.  You MIGHT have gotten a DID from Callcentric, some people don't.  Therefore, they assign a HIDDEN number for purposes of E911.

JonesInSarver

Quote from: Rick on December 12, 2012, 05:53:31 AM
Basically, Callcentric doesn't have your GV number.  You MIGHT have gotten a DID from Callcentric, some people don't.  Therefore, they assign a HIDDEN number for purposes of E911.

Thanks for the quick reply, Rick!  That's pretty slick how they do it.  As long as 911 as a way to contact us back if for some reason the call is dropped that's all I was concerned about. 

MikeHObi

Quote from: JonesInSarver on December 12, 2012, 07:29:13 AM
Quote from: Rick on December 12, 2012, 05:53:31 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, Rick!  That's pretty slick how they do it.  As long as 911 as a way to contact us back if for some reason the call is dropped that's all I was concerned about. 

For belts and suspenders you could have asked the dispatcher to call you back to verify it called you back.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.