News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202=boat anchor

Started by JonathanMSTYoung2013, December 12, 2012, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonathanMSTYoung2013

OBi202 power unit died withing 24h of installation replaced it with one of the same specs i had on hand. Now the OBi202 is in a trance it give a solid red light on power the goes solid green, the Internet activity flashed green, then the power blinks green and the Line 1/2 Blinks 1 blink and the OBi202 restarts. it does this same thing continuously. I also try resting the OBi202 with no luck nor change of operation to indicate i did not have any effect. The main issue with the reset operation as indicated in the manual and other forms is the reset button and the reset hole do not line up so the paperclip slides off the button.

For the 13 hours it work it was a great device, That said my recommendation to my company on the use of this device as a alternative to a main stream lane line service provider is not looking good at this point. 

jjtricket

Simple solution, contact obi support and do a search on faulty power adapters.

MikeHObi

+1 It is a sad sate of affair for small devices and power supplies.  Issues with capacitors continues to plague these systems  long after the issues were identified and resolved.  So..as was stated, contact Obihai through a support ticket and they will help you resolve your issue.

I've seen similar issues in products that cost much more than this device and can not provide near as much value as my Obi202.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

TimSpencer

boat anchor? shouldn't the Obi202 float? :)

if it's defective, shouldn't the store/website that sold it
replace it free of charge?