News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PSTN dropped calls

Started by ATW136, December 19, 2012, 09:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATW136

Obi110
Comcast Business VoIP on PSTN

SP1 connected to Callcentric

Some calls on PSTN line are dropping 5 minutes to 50 minutes into the call. Not all calls drop.

Happens if calls are placed or received.

Also happens if calls are transferred using either Google Voice or Callcentric on SP1.

Ideas?

infin8loop

Quote from: ATW136 on December 19, 2012, 09:13:23 AM
Obi110
Comcast Business VoIP on PSTN

SP1 connected to Callcentric

Some calls on PSTN line are dropping 5 minutes to 50 minutes into the call. Not all calls drop.

Happens if calls are placed or received.

Also happens if calls are transferred using either Google Voice or Callcentric on SP1.

Ideas?

You might try increasing Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> SilenceTimeThreshold  from the default of 60.

I have mine set to 600. Apparently the wife would talk for more than 60 seconds at a time to her sister without her sister saying anything. At 60 seconds of no feedback from her sister, the calls would drop. I figure she has to take a breath sometime before 10 minutes (600 seconds) allowing a "uh-huh" or something from her sister to break the silence threshold. 
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

Rick

Quote from: infin8loop on December 19, 2012, 12:37:02 PM

I have mine set to 600. Apparently the wife would talk for more than 60 seconds at a time to her sister without her sister saying anything. At 60 seconds of no feedback from her sister, the calls would drop. I figure she has to take a breath sometime before 10 minutes (600 seconds) allowing a "uh-huh" or something from her sister to break the silence threshold. 

Thanks for a smile on a rainy Thursday!   :D

ianobi

I'm betting that infin8loop is pretty sure that his wife does not read this forum  :D