News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Do I really need to buy a minutes for tmobile to port?

Started by noob, January 01, 2013, 12:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noob

Do i really have to refill the tmobile sim card if i want to port my home phone to tmobile? it's a new sim card in case someone wants to know.

Rick

CoalMinerRetired

No. All you absolutely need is one minute to answer the mandatory call GV will make to verify your number during the signup process.

If you can live with the remaining nine minutes (from the ten provided) to receive or make any important calls in the 24 - 48 hour window in which your number is on T-Mob you'll be ok.  Almost no-one on the big 'Porting to GV - my Experience' thread adds to the initial ten.

And, if you do need more than ten, you can always: add when needed, I think minutes add to your number immediately upon purchase, or just watch your T-Mon phone, if you recognize the number don't answer but instead call the number on another line "I saw your number come up but I couldn't get it..."

noob

Thanks guys for the answer. There is one more thing, with the 10 minutes, how much time do i have before my number is gone? I remember when I used to have a prepaid phone, lets say i purchase 10, that would last me a month before it was all gone and my would be cancelled.

And do you guys know if i need to ask for a temporary number to get the 10 minutes? I see a lot of people skipping the temporary number step and just port to tmobile right away.

Rick

Quote from: noob on January 01, 2013, 11:35:18 PM
Thanks guys for the answer. There is one more thing, with the 10 minutes, how much time do i have before my number is gone? I remember when I used to have a prepaid phone, lets say i purchase 10, that would last me a month before it was all gone and my would be cancelled.

And do you guys know if i need to ask for a temporary number to get the 10 minutes? I see a lot of people skipping the temporary number step and just port to tmobile right away.

I would suggest you log into your TMobile acct where the answer to your first question should be obvious.

If you see a lot of people skipping the temp number, why ask the question?  If it didn't work, wouldn't that be all over the web?