News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

External IP Required?

Started by Williamsun, December 22, 2012, 01:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetsyl

Quote from: Williamsun on December 22, 2012, 01:20:10 AM
My OBi100 still cannot connect or add the device to obitalk. It is connected to a new Linksys e1500 router behind the cable modem. The router is giving it an IP through private IP addressing, and the power/status lights are correct and the only telephone connected directly to it seems normal, but it still won't connect to the outside world.

I have been diagnosing the network issues and it appears the OBi100 has to "steal" my single external IP number from my ISP to work, but then I can't 'also' get on the Internet with my computer to register it. That was as close to getting it working as I have come since I bought it 2 months ago.

Help please

Contact your Internet service provider(ISP) to get the externel IP address. Discuss about this problem with the network professionals or any technical person and get a clear idea from them. To check your public IP(external IP) which is provided by your ISP, visit the site Ip-Details.com .

rogera_bit

Quote from: Williamsun on December 23, 2012, 08:29:42 PM
Consider this: Through an adjacent Ethernet port is my dedicated Linux Firewall/Gateway (works fine). Behind that is a LAN

Why is the box currently firewall/gateway not also acting as router?  Why mickey mouse around with Linksys e1500?