News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

make obi100 ring on my cell??

Started by Lina, December 22, 2012, 12:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurrayB

I am really loath to wade into the middle of this. My take on the original post is that Lina wants to fork incoming calls to the cell. If that is the case a simple incoming call route change should do the trick. I may be oversimplifying I have 2 Obi 110 and they both fork to each other ie. both ring incoming calls simultaneously at each location. I think Lina wants the phone connected to the Obi and the cell to ring simultaneously. I posted that question last year sometime and RonR gave me a quick simple solution.

Ostracus

Quote from: MurrayB on January 10, 2013, 11:32:12 AM
I am really loath to wade into the middle of this. My take on the original post is that Lina wants to fork incoming calls to the cell. If that is the case a simple incoming call route change should do the trick. I may be oversimplifying I have 2 Obi 110 and they both fork to each other ie. both ring incoming calls simultaneously at each location. I think Lina wants the phone connected to the Obi and the cell to ring simultaneously. I posted that question last year sometime and RonR gave me a quick simple solution.

Linky?

lk96

Lina:
it seems you use the Obitalk portal. You just need to adjust step 2 of what the Obi support told you as shown below;

2.   Under Voice Service  SP1 Service, change the InboundCallRoute to:    {PP(123456789),ph1}

This would ring the physical phone connected to the "phone 1" port at the back of the obi202,
and would also ring the Obion app running on the android phone and that has the Obi number "123456789".
Substitute the "123456789" string, with the one your Obion app has.

@MurrayB: yes, that's my understanding even though in her latest response stated that she'd like
to have the call forked to the Obion app. In either case, the changes are very similar.

L.

MurrayB

Would it may serve Lina better to fork to cell number rather than the Obion app except for the possible usage of minutes depending on the cell plan?

lk96

I guess that would be her choice. I had provided some directions about that earlier:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4860.msg31962#msg31962

L.

MurrayB

My apologies I finally located the post and the data was supplied to me by Stewart not RonR. Here is a snippet:

Stewart
Re: Ring after hangup
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 07:27:06 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Set LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute to e.g.
{ph,pp1(obxxxxxxxxx)}

In each OBi, use the OBiTalk number of the other.  With other settings at default, incoming calls on either device's Line port will ring the attached phones of both devices.