News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Echo test.

Started by carl, December 23, 2012, 05:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

I just tried the echo test 1-408-647-4636 with Google Voice, Localphone and Callentric.
Interestingly, GV came out with the least latency. Any other experience here ?
When I tried the UK based echo test at + 44 148 360 4781, the test results were similar for Callcentric and Localphone( I could not test GV because I do not have international calling with them, but interestingly, the echo quality was bad with both. A similar test  with Telna via my T mobile cell phone gave lower latency than Callcentric or Localphone  and better quality echo.
Any thoughts?`

Felix

I tried several over the course of last week as I was changing from Time Warner to U-Verse. The best by far was my Lync phone that is connected as extension to my office Lync servers (confirmed to me what I knew before - our networking guys are absolutely top-notch).

As far as residential VoIP providers - I tried GV, Call With Us and VOIPo. All three were better on AT&T (that's the reason I decided to switch ISP - despite hating everything else about AT&T  >:( ). Voipo was pretty bad on TWC; other tests (among all 3 on ATT, and between GV / CWU on TWC) were similar. Sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse.

Overall, a very helpful service. I just wished I could save a voicemail and receive it as email - so I can share it with the provider that insists that it is router / ISP or potholes in the parking lot