News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using with Simon XT Security System

Started by Reid, February 28, 2013, 08:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reid

Has anyone gotten this successfully to work with the Simon XT security system? I read some positive indicators on the web that was possible as I'm using the Simon XT in tandem with obi-100 and VTech DECT 6.0 phone. When I trip an alarm on the Simon XT the dialer on it tries to dial out and the phone handset switches to No Line (whereas it was active before).

Anyone work with this Simon XT/Obi combo to successfully work in dial out notification situations?

[Mod edit: One word (typo?) removed]

RFord

Which VOIP provider are we talking above?  GV, Callcentric, Anveo, etc.?

You might want to change your settings.   Try changing:

ITSP Profile X>>>>>>General>>>>>DTMFMethod:  InBand (X = A or B)

I would setup a Free DID from Callcentric on SP2 and make the change above.  There might be some other changes that might make the signal pass through relaibly to your Monitoring Center.  Read this post to see if Callcentric can help with getting you the correct settings:

http://www.diyalarmforum.com/board/index.php?topic=16944.0

Note:  These Settings might not apply to the OBi, but similar settings might be appropriate:

Callcentric helped me quite a bunch to setup my ATA. Initially the CS received the call but the alarm code would not go through. The deal was that the ATA was not setup to send audio tones. IDK what format they are but they sound very much like dial tone.
The only modifications to the ATA were:
1. Send DTMF : in-audio
2. Fax Mode: pass-through
After this the CS got the messages "loud and clear" as they said.

Do you have a spare ATA (PAP2T-NA, SPA2102, etc.) lying around that you can use instead of the OBi?  Maybe you can dedicate this unit to the Alarm System, since some changes to the ATA for reliable Alarm signal might conflict with the voice calls.  A dedicated unit would need to seize the line and can be connected directly to the Alarm Panel/Unit.

EDIT:  Do you know what alarm reporting format your Simon XT security system is using and what options are available that is VOIP friendly?