News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Talkatone

Started by UncleBuckO, December 17, 2012, 06:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleBuckO

Is there any way to make the Obi ring the home phone I have connected to it as well as my Talkatone app (with Google Voice settings) at the same time?  Or is there a more graceful way of ringing the home phone with some app simultaneously on the iPhone?

Rick

GV allows you to make multiple devices ring simultaneously.  If you can identify Talk tone there, it can ring.  If not, no.

UncleBuckO

Talkatone is simply a GV client app that has more features than the actual app made by Google for the iPhone.  Not sure where I would look to "identify Talktatone."

Rick

Quote from: UncleBuckO on December 18, 2012, 06:09:05 AM
Talkatone is simply a GV client app that has more features than the actual app made by Google for the iPhone.  Not sure where I would look to "identify Talktatone."

I assume you have a reson for not adding your iPhone under "Phones" in Google Voice?  Adding it allows you to forward calls, or stop forwarding them, to your cell phone.  You can choose to have GV ring simultaneously on multiple phones.

Since the app isn't a phone, unless they have some unique setup (like the OBi which allows you to forward the call to Google Chat, which is the account that GV is setup with on your OBi), you cannot.

I have the Google Voice app on my Samsung Galaxy SIII and it doesn't ring from that app.

UncleBuckO

Talkatone does use the GV chat to ring, similar to ObiTalk.  Guess I am out of luck for simultaneous ring.....

Rick

Quote from: UncleBuckO on December 24, 2012, 08:17:40 AM
Talkatone does use the GV chat to ring, similar to ObiTalk.  Guess I am out of luck for simultaneous ring.....

I'll try one last time.

I assume you have some reason for not adding your iPhone to the list of Phones on GV, which would allow it to simultaneously ring?

UncleBuckO

I've tried this.  When I did, Talkatone ceased functioning.  When I contacted developer, he said that forwarding to your cell phone must be turned off in order for Talkatone to work.  It may work just fine if I am using the GV app on the iPhone vs. Talkatone.  I prefer the Talkatone interface and feature set, but if the GV app will allow simultaneous ringing, it may be the way to go.

Sorry, didn't understand what you were asking above.

Rick

Quote from: UncleBuckO on December 24, 2012, 08:45:58 AM
I've tried this.  When I did, Talkatone ceased functioning.  When I contacted developer, he said that forwarding to your cell phone must be turned off in order for Talkatone to work.  It may work just fine if I am using the GV app on the iPhone vs. Talkatone.  I prefer the Talkatone interface and feature set, but if the GV app will allow simultaneous ringing, it may be the way to go.

Sorry, didn't understand what you were asking above.

The GV app on the phone allows outbound calling, and texting both ways.  The forwarding to your cell allows you to receive inbound calls and works fine with the app.  That's on Android, I don't have a LemmingPhone  :D

You might want to try it.

UncleBuckO

It does the same on the iPhone (aka LemmingPhone) app, as well.  Will give it a go.