News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No audio use voipvoip account

Started by Colin, August 06, 2012, 11:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

I am having trouble configuring my Obi110 to use a voipvoip account.  The account registers, but I cannot get audio when I connect adnd incoming or outgoing call.  When I use a softphone (X-Lite) with the same vopivoip account, I don't have any issues.

Anyone offer anyhelp or advice?

GV is working fine

hwittenb

The usual problem with no audio has to do with network address translation (NAT) of your external ip address and/or external port number.  In the sip signalling to setup a call there sometimes can be a miscommunication of the ip address or rtp port number for the audio communication.
The usual problem with no audio has to do with network address translation (NAT) of your external ip address and/or external port number.  In the sip signalling to setup a call there sometimes can be a miscommunication of the ip address or rtp port number for the audio communication.

To troubleshoot the problem I would consider enabling a STUN server.  This is not the default setting for sip communication.

ITSP Profile X-->STUNEnable YES (Check)
ITSP Profile X-->STUNServer stun.voipvoip.com

Where X is A or B depending on which profile you are using for SIP communication.

see also:
http://www.voipvoip.com/support/configuration-problem.html

The GoogleVoice support automatically sends a STUN server request when it initializes.