News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Hearing Caller’s voice issues!

Started by yamin, December 29, 2012, 09:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamin

I used the Obi110 and GV to cut off phone company about 9 months ago without much issue.

I am not knowledgeable with computers, but good with figuring issues. However, I have no understanding of code and setup around VoIP.

We can call out and receive calls.

However, the issue is when we receive a call and we answer it there is a long period 10-15 second we can't hear the caller. 90% of the time we can then have a normal conversation without any issue. However, rest of the time the call drops. When we call out we never have this issue.

I am not sure if the issue is Obi110 or GV?

I tried to log into Obi110 via the local ip. However, would not accept my default use rid/password.

I appreciate everyone in advance for advice and suggestions.

Thank you.

zapattack

You may have a router configuration issue. Please post the name and model number.
You may also open a trouble report with OBi, as this is not an uncommon problem and they may have a quick response. Are you configuring via the web or the OBi portal, or both?

yamin

Thank you for your respond.

The router is 2WIRE, 3600HGV and my internet connection is via the AT&T uverse. 
I only have access to the OBi110 via the OBi portal!

It does not allow me to login via the unit ip & webpage (wrong user id and/password).

Felix

People were reporting similar problem: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3438.0 I know I had it, but then it went away.

You specify device password on the portal: Device Configuration => Webpage Admin Password