News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV and Callcentric and Obi issues today?

Started by MikeHObi, December 31, 2012, 08:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHObi

Multiple issues noticed today after a phone call came in and I tried to pick it up, but when I did I heard a sound like a dropped call.

Checked the Obi202, been up for 21 or so days.  Then sat down with my cell phone and started testing.

#1 - calling my GV number and pointed to Callcentric NY free DID results in the call just ringing and eventually going to GV voice mail, regardless of if I pick up on my end.  Also, I hear 3 rings on the cell before my home phone (connected to obi) rings once.

#2 - Switched to using GV number pointed to Anveo DID. This results in the call ringing once on my cell, and then almost at the same time home number rings.  But when I answer on my home phone, I'm getting the GV prompt to press 1 to accept the call. This happens 9 out of 10 times now, though on a couple attempts it did not prompt to press 1 to accept the call. 

#3 - Switched to using GV Chat.  This results in the call ringing once on my cell, and then almost at the same time home number rings.  When I answer on the home phone, I get immediately connected, no prompt.

I did power cycle the obi, no change.  I am at software version 3.0.0 (Build: 3460) - I have not upgraded.

Is this just me or are others seeing issues?  Why this all of a sudden today?  System was working "normally" before I went to bed.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

QBZappy

There are a couple of threads discussing the lag when forwarding a call from GV to CC. Here is one I could find for you.

Re: Setting Up Caller ID shown Name and Number on OBI110 !!! HELP
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3024.msg24187#msg24187

Quote from: QBZappy on July 10, 2012, 10:54:18 AM
jimates,

I suppose you might be correct. All this call forwarding must have a cost.

Only one way to find out how many rings/seconds this set up costs. Anyone with GV->CC->Obi setup willing to try using a cell phone and count the rings on the cell phone before it hits the OBi?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

MikeHObi

Thanks... Well, I upgraded the firmware because I got tired of seeing the orange triangle on the obittalk page. 

When it came back up CC number is ringing more quickly and no longer prompted to press 1.
But calls routed through Anveo still are requiring me to press 1 to answer.

Weird.

QBZappy

MikeHObi,

CoalMinerRetired has a few things to say on this topic. Look up some recent posts.

Re: Two OBis Create One Problem
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4916.msg31844#msg31844
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

MikeHObi

First thing i checked was if X_SkipCallScreening  had been changed.  It is still set to be skipped on all SP providers in the obi.  thanks.

CoalMinerRetired

You did not mention if you tried calling the CC number directly, what happens then?  Also, what happens if you call the CC number from the GV number, do you see the same bahavior?

MikeHObi

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on January 01, 2013, 07:02:52 PM
You did not mention if you tried calling the CC number directly, what happens then?  Also, what happens if you call the CC number from the GV number, do you see the same bahavior?

I didn't try it, because I was getting other weird behavior, and by the time I got around it, the CC issues had cleared up.  But I'll add that to my future trouble shooting.  At the time it seemed very much to be an obi issue since odd behavior seemed to be occuring on both sip providers (CC and Anveo).

I'll check again tonight to see if the Anveo number is still causing google to prompt me to press 1 to accept the call.  Anveo is my primary E911 account, CC my incoming DID for Cname, and GV is my outgoing provider.