News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Additional option on AA callback feature

Started by plugger2, March 23, 2011, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plugger2

I think it would be even slicker if you could specify AA callback with one of the menu options (realistically, that's going to be either 1 or 2) already selected.

If I want the AA to call me back using the auto callback method for a pre-specified incoming number {(nnnnnnnnn):aa($1)}, I'd like the option to specify skipping listening to the AA main menu when it calls back -- just give me the prompt as if I already selected 2 ("enter new number followed by #", or whatever the exact wording is.)

This could also work for the situation where you know by default you'd like "continue this call", option 1, bridge to the PHONE port. In this case when it phones you back, you answer, and the next thing you hear is the PHONE port ringing.

(I can't think of any reason why you'd ever want the AA to call you back with option 3 "enter call back number" already selected, but you never know, I guess.)

Perhaps you could specify this with syntax like {(nnnnnnnnn):aaph($1)},{(nnnnnnnnn):aanew($1)}, as well as just plain old {(nnnnnnnnn):aa($1)} if you actually prefer to hear the main menu on call back.

Generalising this scheme, you could also effectively pre-select an AA main menu for specified incoming numbers that go all the way through to being answered by AA, using something like {(nnnnnnnnn):aanew}, just using {(nnnnnnnnn):aa} if you wanted to hear the main menu.

plugger2

Another additional feature that could be added to extend the AA callback service is to optionally configure automatic call termination by AA on certain incoming numbers without answering. That is, you call the AA, it rings for a few seconds, and then once it has your number, hangs-up, and then initiates the callback soon after.

This could be configured to work in just the same way as many "professional" ANI callback services:

1) Call the ANI callback service access number (the OBi AA indial number in this case)
2) Hear the call ring a few times, followed by an automatic disconnect without answering
3) Hang up your phone. A few seconds later, get the callback from the AA with voice prompt "enter the new number you wish to call, followed by the # key".

Thats pretty streamlined, and I think that makes the callback feature that much more useful. The fewer unnecessary steps and opportunities for making mistakes the better when it comes to two-stage dialling, I think.

QBZappy

plugger2,

Hi

That feature is already available. Have a look.

{(<**1>(14089913313|12121559801)):aa($1)}

Thread:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=66.msg120#msg120
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

plugger2

Quote from: QBZappy on March 25, 2011, 07:49:26 PM
That feature is already available. Have a look.

LOL. No, it's not. Read my first post a bit more carefully. :-)

QBZappy

plugger2,

I clicked on the "new" post icon, it went directly to your second post. I read it out of context. My bad.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

plugger2

Quote from: QBZappy on March 25, 2011, 10:59:22 PM
My bad.

No probs. I suspect I should try make my posts a bit more succinct to make them easier to read... not my strong suit, unfortunately.