News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

outbound Caller ID not working (comes up private number)

Started by amenic, January 02, 2013, 06:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amenic

Hey guys - I'm relatively new to this whole  Obi100 + VOIP config scene but by no means new to dealing with computer tech.

I decided to pair up my Obi100 with flowroute.com and purchased a DID through them as well as E911 service.

The problem is that when I make outbound calls they are coming up as 'private number' instead of displaying the DID I purchased.  I put in a ticket with flowroute and they are telling me that if I'm not sending the Caller ID info to them E911 won't work (currently I get some odd beeps when I attempt to dial 911).

I've done everything I need to do on their end to active the E911 with the DID so does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do on the Obi100 config side to make it transmit the CallerID info to the SIP provider?

P.S.  I've also searched this forum but I'm coming up empty handed in terms of other users using this combo seems like I picked an unpopular SIP carrier so maybe I should switch?

Just want to make sure this isn't a configuration issue before I go shopping as well.

Thanks!

QBZappy

amenic,

Welcome.

If you have looked on their web site and don't see any settings to supply a CID, then you might have a go at the following settings: (may not work)

Voice Services
    SPX Service-> CallerIDName = Whatever

ITSP Profile X
    General
    SIP-> X_SpoofCallerID = Enabled
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

amenic

Quote from: QBZappy on January 02, 2013, 06:29:44 PM
amenic,

Welcome.

If you have looked on their web site and don't see any settings to supply a CID, then you might have a go at the following settings: (may not work)

Voice Services
    SPX Service-> CallerIDName = Whatever

ITSP Profile X
    General
    SIP-> X_SpoofCallerID = Enabled

TYVM!   I had been playing with the CallerIDname setting and found that it won't save it no matter what I set it to (i've tried names and numbers even something simple like 'test' (no quotes)) and it just clears the field and rechecks the box to default.  This is after 'submit'ing the form and rebooting the device.

It did take the X_SpoofCallerID enable flag though.

Thanks for the quick reply!

QBZappy

amenic,

It is not clear how you are configuring the OBi. Am I correct in assuming that you are configuring the OBi using the OBiTALK portal? If so, you need to remove the two check marks to the right. (2 columns on the right). If you are using the unit web page to configure, then you may need to read this to figure out why your changes are not sticking:

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

amenic

Thanks! reading up now I didn't understand that you could do the same level of config from both places so I'll move to just using the public portal and try again.

QBZappy

amenic,

Actually the unit web interface includes 100% of the features while the portal is lacking some basic features, ie call history, and a few other things. If you have physical access to the unit, it might be more convenient to configure it locally. The portal's main claim to fame is to be able to configure an OBi that is far away. A few portal wizards simplify setting up a few other features, however everything can be done locally.

infin8loop

If the previous suggestions don't work out for you then you might try this.

Go to PHONE port OutboundCallRoute and

if flowroute is on SP1  change:   {(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1} 
                                     to:   {(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1(nnnnnnnnnn>$2)}

OR

if flowroute is on SP2  change:   {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2} 
                                     to:   {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2(nnnnnnnnnn>$2)}

Essentially you will be adding what is in red above to the current string.

In either case replace the nnnnnnnnnn with the 10 digit DID you want to pass as the outgoing caller id number. Your provider may require 11 digits including a leading "1" but try with 10 first. Provider voip.ms accepts 10 digits in this context. I am not familiar with flowroute. I use voip.ms subaccounts which allow a callerid number to be specified at the subaccount level in the voip.ms configuration but doing it there messes up some other things I'm doing. Configuring the callerid number as shown above works well.   

"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

amenic

Thanks for the great suggestions so far guys but no dice..   Here's the fields as they currently look from the "setup wizard"

Phone OutboundCallRoute:  

{(<411:18003733411>):sp1},{911:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1(xxxxxxxxxx>$2)},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Where xxxxxxxxxxxx = DID (tried with and without a 1) - fwiw the 411 works.

I ending up first trying infin8loop's suggestion and then trying QBZappy's afterwards when it didn't work.

I also made the CallerIDName field = the 11 digit DID number (after allowing spoofing) and tried simple text and neither is changing anything in terms of how CID appears on the remote phone....

any other suggestions?  What does that ">$2" mean?

QBZappy

Flowroute FAQ:

How do I set the Caller-ID I wish to transmit?
http://www.flowroute.com/faq/

We transmit Caller-ID based on the presence of one of the following header fields in order of preference: "P-Asserted-Identity", "Remote-Party-ID" or "From:".

Try the following. Under SIP Credentials, try putting your phone number in the URI field in the SIP Credentials. Ex: DID_num@Flowroute_ip:port#

QBZappy

amenic

Thanks for the links I modified the instructions provided by  infin8loop to something I read in one of your links and it works!

Now I just need to figure out why E911 isn't working!  Progress!

PHONE Port:

OutboundCallRoute -> {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli(THECALLERIDNUMBERHERE >$2)}

PrimaryLine -> SPX Service (X=1/2)

Before I had it as follows:

{(<411:18003733411>):sp1},{911:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1(THECALLERIDNUMBERHERE>$2)},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

For whatever reason my provider likes it attached to the pli vs the sp1

infin8loop

I'll make one last stab at this:

Remove the ,{(<#:>|911):li} from the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.  If you have an OBi100 you don't have a Line Port ("li") and even if you have an OBi110 you don't want to send 911 calls to it, you want them to go to flowroute on SP1. I don't think you want the previous ,{911:sp1} either as it will intercept 911 and send it to sp1 without the callerid number override.  

Ensure you have a 911 entry in your Phone Port DigitMap, something like  |911| this will ensure that when 911 is dialed it will be processed immediately without waiting on digit timeout.

I'm guessing your PrimaryLine is SP1 Service.  That's why the callerid override needs to be added to "pli" (which means PrimaryLine) instead of SP1 if you don't want to have to dial **1 before your outgoing numbers.  My previous suggestion would probably have worked had you dialed **1 followed by the number but obviously for your particular setup you need it to be "pli". My setup is on SP2 which is not my PrimaryLine, sorry for the oversight.

The $2 is an internal variable that contains the number you dialed.  The ">" between the callerid number being supplied and the $2 is a delimiter of sorts, I'm not sure it means anything.  I guess you could say is means "pass to".

If this doesn't work out, perhaps someone else will chime in and point out what's wrong. LOL
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

amenic

Sorry I think I introduced some confusion while quoting the thread config..

This is what I actually have set as of right now:

{(<411:18003733411>):sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli(#DIDNUMBERHERE#>$2)}

it rang!  I'll continue to play thanks so much!

EDIT:  Confirmed E911 and CID are now both working - woot!  Thanks folks!