News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

4 SP's out 2 phone plugs on OBI202

Started by vich, January 07, 2013, 07:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vich

I was trying to get this figured out in another forum and gained a lot of understanding but was pointed to this forum.

My question is can I configure through OBITalk to have SP1 and SP2 utilze Phone jack one that is plugged into(with 4 wire RJ11 plug) line1/line2 plug of a 4 line analog phone. 

IF so can I take SP3 and SP4 and do the similar thing with Phone 2 outlet into the Line3/4 port of the 4 line analog phone?  So I  can use all 4 lines of the phone.

If so how or please point me in the right direction.  I've read and searched a lot and can't seem to figure it out.
Help is very much appreciated.

ianobi

Calls coming into an OBi can only be answered at an "endpoint". OBi202 has three endpoints:
Phone 1
Phone 2
Auto Attendant

QuoteMy question is can I configure through OBITalk to have SP1 and SP2 utilze Phone jack one that is plugged into(with 4 wire RJ11 plug) line1/line2 plug of a 4 line analog phone.

Yes, you can wire Phone Port 1 as you suggest, but that's it - both your phone endpoints used up. Calls coming in via any SP have to be routed to an endpoint within that OBi or to an external endpoint via call forwarding.

You could set up SIP phones as additional endpoints on your network and get your OBi202 to route calls to them. If you are happy to use softphones on a PC, then these can be used as additional endpoints at a low or no cost.

vich