News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls fade in and out on Obi110

Started by Rawlingsbm, September 07, 2012, 12:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rawlingsbm

I'm using the Obi110 as an FXO gateway for an Asterisk/PiaF PBX (connected to POTS), and the audio fades in and out.  It's almost as if it cuts off the first word or two of the caller's sentence.  I've tried several different gain settings, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

In Physical Interfaces->LINE Port->Port Settings, I've got ChannelRxGain @ 9, but the rest of the values are default.  This is a US line.

Any insights?

QBZappy

Rawlingsbm,

Perhaps you can try making the call using a different codec.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

briankelly

The solution is to turn down the IP phone, audio out volume that is going to the OBI if your audio is too hot going to the Obi and your just adjusting the outgoing Obi gain you may be getting the desired volume but you are overdriving the circuits in the Obi that control audio switching and echo. WHen the audio to the OBI is too hot you will find that even breath sounds on your side will switch the sudio direction making it difficult to hear the distant party...

http://www.pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/obi-fading-volume-gain-adjustment-tip.13361/