News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 - Unregistered Direct IP Dialing

Started by N2VWZ, January 09, 2013, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N2VWZ

Quote from: azrobert on January 10, 2013, 08:37:38 PM
Quote from: N2VWZ on January 10, 2013, 07:58:55 PM

n2vwz.dyndns.org points to my WAN address.  wa2vcs.dyndns.org points to the Sipura across town.

How does your config work if your proxy server (n2vwz.dyndns.org) points to yourself?

There is no proxy server.  It is not used because RegisterEnable is unchecked.  The FAQ, however, implies that a dummy address is required.  This was also stated in other threads.  Right now, I have it set to 127.0.0.1 and Port 5060.

Now that it's working, I need to play around some more to determine which settings are really required.  I'd really like to find a way to force the OBi202 to use my URL for NAT Transversal instead of supplying my WAN address to X_PublicIPAddress

azrobert

I realize there is no proxy server, but you can call a device using this method.  I done it numerous times.
What I don't understand is you have to specify the destination address (444xxx@wa2vcs.dyndns.org:5064) somewhere and I don't see where you're doing it.

I'm no expert on NAT transversal, but I always resolved audio problems by port forwarding the RTP ports.

N2VWZ

Quote from: azrobert on January 11, 2013, 09:50:11 AM
I realize there is no proxy server, but you can call a device using this method.  I done it numerous times.
What I don't understand is you have to specify the destination address (444xxx@wa2vcs.dyndns.org:5064) somewhere and I don't see where you're doing it.

I'm no expert on NAT transversal, but I always resolved audio problems by port forwarding the RTP ports.

The URL that I'm calling is programmed into the speed call list in the format shown above.

The Sipura boxes allow direct IP dialing from the telephone DTMF keypad, but the IP address corresponding to the URL must be known:

444123*168*215*210*50#  (where xxx=123)

* is used as a delimiter for" "@ and "."
# processes the call immediately without waiting for a timeout.

I don't know if this method is supported by Obihai.