News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple E911?

Started by mgayda, January 07, 2013, 03:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgayda

Hello,

Have provider and backup, configured on obi202. Possible I can have both either or for 911 at time of use? When i config via obitalk it only keeps setting on one.

Thanks

Mike

Rick

Simply hitting **1 or **2 prior to 911 would force the call to SP1 or SP2.

mgayda

Yeah but would rather it would round robin and pick one when 911 is hit. Shoot I'd forget myself to hit ** :-)

giqcass

I would love to be able to set up an automatic backup as well if the first service provider is unavailable.  I don't know how that would be done and I don't have a perfect solution but with a dial plan you could set up something simpler to remember.  Perhaps 912 or 999 for instance.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Rick

You're expecting the OBi to be able to tell if the E911 call goes through on SP1, and if it doesn't to switch to SP2 and dial the other E911 provider?  REALLY? 

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: Rick on January 07, 2013, 04:18:27 PM
Simply hitting **1 or **2 prior to 911 would force the call to SP1 or SP2.
Test this before counting on it working.  

I played around with it and discovered I had to make some digit maps changes to have 911 (when redirected to a local ten-digit number) work from the second dial tone, see the thread link here:  

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3983.0

My goal was to have 911 work from direct dial on Phone 1 or 2, plus via **1, **2, **3, and **4. Encapsulating the 911 inside one digit map used throughout made it a clean implementation. Especially for testing in that you can put in the local time & temp or movie theater listing number and test all ten configurations (Phone 1: 911, **1 + 911, **2 + 911, *3 + 911, **4 + 911, repeat those five for phone 2).

RFord

Have you seen this thread:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1832.0

If for some reason the call cannot be routed to SP2 setup for E911, then it tries the second and then the third outbound route options.  This setup only checks for a functional line (eg, SP1 or SP2 or VG3 outbound is not possible due to a non-functional gateway where for instance the registration was lost, etc.).

Quote from: Rick on January 07, 2013, 05:23:16 PM
You're expecting the OBi to be able to tell if the E911 call goes through on SP1, and if it doesn't to switch to SP2 and dial the other E911 provider?  REALLY?  

mgayda

Quote from: Rick on January 07, 2013, 05:23:16 PM
You're expecting the OBi to be able to tell if the E911 call goes through on SP1, and if it doesn't to switch to SP2 and dial the other E911 provider?  REALLY? 

Hmm yeah, if SP1 is dead (not register) it will failover to SP2 the backup. I don't see how this would be such a radical request? I think a firmware change allowing this function would make the device even more appealing due to the value ad. The value ad being this is offered ootb not having to fudge with dial plans etc. Although fun, sometimes you just want the basics to work automagically. ;D

Ostracus

Plus the newer firmware has functionality that wasn't there when that thread was done like say X_NoRegNoCall. It's good to retest threads like those to update old advice.