News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issue Bridging OBiTalk to FXO

Started by cjholding, January 08, 2013, 02:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjholding

I have been using my Obi110 to date to fork incoming pstn calls to my mobile (over a direct SIP connection.) I had also setup up the ObiTalk service to divert all incoming calls to AA so I could make local calls when abroad.

Tonight I have been trying to set up my Obi110 today to allow single stage dialling from OBiOn app to FXO port - so I can let my father use the gateway in a more user friendly fashion.

I have set the ObiTalk InboundCallRoute to
{(xxxxxxxx|yyyyyyyy)>(xx.):li},{(xxxxxxxx|yyyyyyyy):aa},ph where xxxxxxxx and yyyyyyyy are my father and my OBiTalk numbers.

Behaviour has been very intermittent - sometime I dial a number in the ObiOn app and it connects perfectly, other times it connects but I have no audio, however, when I pick up a fixed extension in the house the pstn line is connected to the desired number and there is sound.

Likewise if I don't enter a destination number, I am connected to the automated assistant, sometime I get audio, but most of the time I don't.

The Call Log on the Obi110 shows all calls connecting (and being bridged where appropriate).

I have updated to the latest firmware and forwarded UDP port 10000 inbound through my router to the OBi110 - all outbound ports are open.

Could this be caused by both devices being on the same NAT'd LAN?

Any hints?

ProfTech

I'm not an expert but your inbound call route doesn't look do-able to me. Since both maps are largely the same, it would seem to me the Obi won't know what to do. If your father were using an Obi I think you could set up a virtual gateway on it to do what you want but if he is using the Obion app I think some other approach would need to be taken. I would try removing the {(xxxxxxxx|yyyyyyyy):aa} and change the other one to {(xxxxxxxx|yyyyyyyy):li} as a test. You shouldn't need the >(xx.) if you intend to allow calls to any number. If the bridging works properly then I think you will have your answer.

cjholding

According to RonR's post, that is the inbound route that is created by the obitalk console for a voice gateway. Call requests with a phone number are routed to the external line, otherwise the AA answers.

This bit is working, I have checked the logs, if I dial a phone number in the ObiOn app (with the voice gateway configured as my Obi110), it connects to my Obi110 and the call is bridged to the FXO port. Call the Obi110 directly and the AA answers.

However, as I have elluded I don't always receive inbound audio.

cjholding

Does anybody know which ports need to be forward for ObiTalk?
I see 10000 is mentioned, but do I need to forward anything else for audio?

ianobi

This is the OBi faq on ports to forward:

http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html#ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router

It seems confusing for two reasons:
1. It was written before the OBi202 was introduced, so misses those extra ports.
2. Their definition of inbound and outbound may be open to question.

Anyhow, for audio try forwarding the RTP ports for your particular OBi device. The range of possible ports can be found under ITSP Profile X > RTP > LocalPortMin to LocalPortMax. Each profile has its own range of RTP ports.

cjholding

I had read that, and it seemed to imply I didn't need to open the RTP ports for inbound, only the obitalk 10000.