News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PSTN bridging between 2 OBI

Started by Clobee, January 12, 2013, 07:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clobee

Hi,

I just bought 2 OBI 110 and I'm not familiar with all those configuration.  So, I need help.

1 Obi will be at house (with a standard PSTN line conected to it) here called the "house" obi110 and the other in my secondary house (without PSTN line) here called the "secondary" obi110.

I want to use it as a bridge without the auto attendant to simplify.  So, if someone is calling at house, the "house" obi will transfert the call to the "secondary" obi110 via the Obitalk network and ring the phone connected to it without passing by the auto attendant.  I successfully done that.

The next step I would need to setup, is when I dial a number on the "secondary" obi110 the call is done on the PSTN line connected to the "house" obi110 without the auto attendant.  Is there a way to do that?  I want to use my second location phone like I was at home.

I don't use Google voice or other VOIP provider.  I would like to pass on the OBI network.

We have a fax at the house with a secondary number (a different ring pattern).  Is there a way for the "house" obi to not transfert those call to the "secondary" obi110.  So the fax will be able to answer?

Thank you

ianobi

Clobee – welcome to the forum.

QuoteI want to use my second location phone like I was at home.
In your case this might be quite simple. Assuming that both OBi110s have:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
This is the default setting.

In your "secondary" OBi put the OBiTALK number of your "house" Obi in a speed dial slot in this format  pp(ob200xxxxxx) In this example I'm using speed dial slot 3. Now change this DigitMap in "secondary" OBi to look like this:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<3*>(Mpli))
Note that I have only changed the last rule.

Now any number dialled from the phone attached to the "secondary" OBi should go out on the PSTN line of the "house" OBi.

QuoteWe have a fax at the house with a secondary number (a different ring pattern).  Is there a way for the "house" obi to not transfert those call to the "secondary" obi110.  So the fax will be able to answer?
Sorry, I cannot see a way forward on this problem.

Clobee

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I made the change. We are almost there. When I dial a number on my "secondary" Obi (ex : 514-123-4567) the Auto Attendant take the call. 

If I press 1 -» The phone connected on the "house" obi, ring. 

If I press 2 -» the attendant ask me for a number to dial out and it's working. 

Is there a way to bypass the Attendant and when I dial?

Thank you

ianobi

Please show what is in "house" OBi > OBiTALK > InboundCallRoute.

It's getting late here in my time zone, but I will be back tomorrow with answers (hopefully!).

Clobee

Ok, no problem.

"house" OBi > OBiTALK > InboundCallRoute.
{("softphonenumber"|"secondOBInumber"))>(xx.):LI},{(softphonenumber"|"secondOBInumber"):aa},{ph}

Thank you

ianobi

Everything looks like it is in place for this to work. Please recheck through my suggested settings. Both Phone Port PrimaryLines should be PSTN. Check the changed DigitMap, make sure no white spaces have got in by mistake etc.

In the house OBi this rule should be routing the calls to PSTN:
{("softphonenumber"|"secondOBInumber"))>(xx.):LI}

Instead, it looks like this rule is being used:
{(softphonenumber"|"secondOBInumber"):aa}

That would indicate that no digits have been received at the house OBi.

In the "secondary" OBi is this at default?:
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
It's not a great DigitMap, but at least the xx. rule should accept any digits dialled.

ianobi

Another check is to dial 5141234567 from the "secondary" OBi. While that call is still ongoing, log into the OBi portal expert pages for the "secondary OBi". Look at Status > Call Status. Under Phone1 and OBiTALK1 the Peer Number should show 3*5141234567

Clobee

Hi,

All the config was ok.  I factory default both unit to try from scratch.  And It's working now. :) 

Thank you for your help!!!